PDA

View Full Version : How to Track a Human

hawgrider
10-14-2016, 07:29 AM
It’s a common trope in classic Westerns. A posse is rounded up to find some bad guys who’ve headed out into the desert to hide. To help track them down, they bring on an Indian scout. To the astonishment of the cowboys, the native guide can determine how many people are in the bad guy’s gang, how long ago they camped at a particular spot, and that one of the ruffians is injured. It almost seems like magic.

But it’s not.

The scout was simply using a set of keen, field-developed senses, and practicing good forensics.

A few years ago when I did the ITS Tactical Muster, one of my favorite classes at the event was on human tracking, taught by professional combat tracker John Hurth. In just a few short hours, John was able to show us how to know what’s going on with someone on the lam and where he or she is headed simply by looking at their footsteps or noticing a broken branch.

Why would you need to know how to track a human? You’ll probably never have to go on a manhunt for a fugitive,

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2016/10/13/how-to-track-a-human/

Batou
10-14-2016, 07:31 AM
The Art of Manliness is hands down one of the best places on the net.

hawgrider
10-14-2016, 07:33 AM
The Art of Manliness is hands down one of the best places on the net.Too bad we can't get more of these pansy hipster/millennial boys to read it and then practice it.

Batou
10-14-2016, 07:35 AM
Too bad we can't get more of these pansy hipster/millennial boys to read it and then practice it.

Sadly most of them go to Esquire and the like for men's improvement ideas.

juskom95
10-14-2016, 07:55 AM
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2016/10/13/how-to-track-a-human/

Neat read.

Baglady
10-14-2016, 12:35 PM
We've had hunters or elderly wander off and get lost around here. That, (and because we have grandkids) is why I taught this guy to track.

Dwight55
10-14-2016, 09:45 PM
We've had hunters or elderly wander off and get lost around here. That, (and because we have grandkids) is why I taught this guy to track.

I'm not sure I would want him tracking me, . . . if I saw him in time, . . . the scent would probably change very quickly........lol

Oh, . . . and beautiful dog, . . . would love to have one just like him.

May God bless,
Dwight

Gambit
10-14-2016, 10:07 PM
don't need to track ghetto rats
they come to you when you hang a welfare check up in the air
then they will come from miles around to get it

darsk20
10-15-2016, 08:21 AM
Nice, thanks for this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Kfilly
10-18-2016, 08:00 AM
Nice, thanks for this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I especially like the part about getting lost. ;-)