PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like A Wet Azz For MeatChicken Hunters This Morning

BucketBack
10-16-2016, 07:58 AM
Rained here for 5 hours hard, local ponding on the roads.
Storm heading East:yawn:

hawgrider
10-16-2016, 08:25 AM
Yeah it did. Mighty wet here.

Slippy
10-16-2016, 09:12 AM
No rain at Slippy Lodge in 29 days. We tried to set some posts for the pole barn and the auger just spun like a pastry mixer in a bowl of talcom powder. I watered the area with a sprinkler for about 6 hours. The next day the auger was able to bite into the soil and create a hole. What a pain in the ass but we got the posts set.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161016/2257d639e3cdb2afbca243a8d65a2326.jpg

edit, my bad guys, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Back to hunting,

Inor
10-16-2016, 10:02 AM
Another beautiful day in paradise here - about 85 degree, bright blue skies, a slight breeze. Yep, pretty dang awesome. It seems weird to be sitting outside in jeans and a tee-shirt in mid October.

Arklatex
10-16-2016, 10:29 AM
85 is our high for today. This is the morning haze that will burn off into blue skies and sunshine by lunch. 85% humidity today!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161016/36fbcafa340c9a3eaf40e67ac36217be.jpg

hawgrider
10-16-2016, 12:53 PM
Another beautiful day in paradise here - about 85 degree, bright blue skies, a slight breeze. Yep, pretty dang awesome. It seems weird to be sitting outside in jeans and a tee-shirt in mid October.Now you suck! Im going to hate you in January and February for sure you prick!

Inor
10-16-2016, 12:59 PM
Now you suck! Im going to hate you in January and February for sure you prick!

There's a nice piece of land for sale right across the road from our build site for sale. :D

Sasquatch
10-16-2016, 01:07 PM
Another beautiful day in paradise here - about 85 degree, bright blue skies, a slight breeze. Yep, pretty dang awesome. It seems weird to be sitting outside in jeans and a tee-shirt in mid October.

I take it you have yet to experience an AZ storm. I remember sitting on the porch of my grandparents house in AZ in shorts and a T-shirt during a big thunderstorm. Its quite a sight to see with it being warm out, raining and lightening crashing in the distance. I remember once a desert fox walked up out of the darkness and sat on the far edge of the porch to get out of the rain. He sat there for probably 30 minutes watching the show with us.

Inor
10-16-2016, 03:09 PM
I take it you have yet to experience an AZ storm. I remember sitting on the porch of my grandparents house in AZ in shorts and a T-shirt during a big thunderstorm. Its quite a sight to see with it being warm out, raining and lightening crashing in the distance. I remember once a desert fox walked up out of the darkness and sat on the far edge of the porch to get out of the rain. He sat there for probably 30 minutes watching the show with us.

We got here at the tail end of monsoon season. So for about the first 3 weeks we were here, every evening we sat on the back porch watching the electrical storms roll through the valleys all around us. That was quite a sight!