PDA

View Full Version : If Things Go South… Here’s the Ultimate Bug Out Bag

hawgrider
10-25-2016, 05:36 AM
This is listed as the “ultimate bug out bag,” and it is full of useful items to ensure survival in a crisis situation.

BlackScoutSurvival goes over some must-have items for
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/the-ultimate-bug-out-bag-for-survival/

BucketBack
10-25-2016, 06:53 AM
have to look at that.

I have an A.L.I.C.E. , 3 Molle II's and a 3 day ASSault. Time to load them up

I gave the now fired hottie the Kelty Tioga Wimmens

Arklatex
10-25-2016, 03:47 PM
I really like that Kelty bag. Maybe one of those in my future.

Also, that guy Black Scout has a pretty good youtube channel.

Kfilly
10-25-2016, 09:26 PM
I use a Snugpak Bergen which I bought from Amazon. It is a large 100 liter pack, but I love it. The pack is pretty much a no frills top loading design. The main stuff pocket has an interior water bladder pocket and there are two large pockets on the hood style lid. The exterior of the main pocket has two mesh stuff pockets which get covered up by the removable side pouches. The pack has an internal frame. It is super comfortable (at least for me), lightweight for its size, and pack size can be adjusted depending upon how much gear one needs. There are two side pouches that are 15 liters a pieces with no internal dividers or pockets. Those side pouches come of the main pack and can be used as a smaller 30 liter pack when used in conjunction with their yoke system (unfortunately sold separately) . I keep essentials in one pocket and all my food in the other. I can take off the pouch with food and easily suspend it from a tree to keep it away from predators while at camp. I do not carry anything visible on the exterior of my pack with the exception of my foam sleeping mat. There are exterior straps I can strap my 10/22 Takedown to or it easily fits inside of my pack. If I strap my weapon to the exterior of my pack, I can conceal it with the rain cover. My pack is designed for a long range bug out on foot.

hawgrider
10-26-2016, 04:10 AM
My kelty has a external frame which nice for hauling water, wood and other cargo.