PDA

View Full Version : Trust in the Military

juskom95
11-01-2016, 10:01 AM
First, a disclaimer: This is NOT military bashing.

With the recent North Dakota pipeline protests, the actions of the National Guard and local LE could raise some concern. Many of us like to proclaim that our military and LE would never do this, but they are. I recognize the tactics they are using, they are standard riot control tactics for the military . . . but those are not nice tactics and have an EOF/ROE/ROF geared towards combat roles, and violent protests abroad, not stateside.

Anyone closer to the 'action' have an opinion I'm missing here?

Arklatex
11-01-2016, 10:40 AM
I didn't even realize this was still going on. Just looked at a few articles to catch up. Is there a way for the pipeline to be rerouted in a way where it doesn't pose a risk to the water supply? They already rerouted once to save the water in Bismark, and now they're over the only water supply for these Sioux folks. I don't blame them for protesting.

As to your point, do you have any links to what the LE and NG have done?

Deebo
11-01-2016, 11:08 AM
the local Native Americans here (Navajo), are supporting this. I am a little slow, and its not mainstream that's for sure.
I have seen but not watched video's of dog bites, and bridges being blocked.
Its all hush hush right now.

juskom95
11-01-2016, 11:40 AM

I have to dig some, I know they are using 'less lethal' rounds (which are dangerous) and LRAD units (which are also dangerous) against the protestors.

Not so much their actions but their willingness to 'follow orders'.

Coastie dad
11-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Napoleon's puppies. They have been indoctrinated since youth to not question right or wrong, because our dear leaders guide us.

juskom95
11-01-2016, 02:44 PM
Napoleon's puppies. They have been indoctrinated since youth to not question right or wrong, because our dear leaders guide us.

It is too easy to be drawn into the 'adrenaline hype' and the rush of 'doing something'.

That and if you question anything, your career has a good chance of ending.

BucketBack
11-01-2016, 03:26 PM
I liked that, even though I wasn't in the military, but almost went to military school in my teens every day.
At least that's what a SeeBee 2nd class Petty Officer said . Every Dam day. Little kids should be seen and not heard, was the second most common verbage

Come to think of it, the crap they are pulling reminds me what he was telling me during the dam Nam "Police Action"

juskom95
11-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Come to think of it, the crap they are pulling reminds me what he was telling me during the dam Nam "Police Action"

It is what we did in Iraq to control prison/detainment riots.

BucketBack
11-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Except the SeeBee was a MP during Korea, telling me about my 'tude during the Nam timeframe. His Dad enlisted him @17 yo, and said he'd do the same for me.:blackeye:

hawgrider
11-02-2016, 06:10 AM
I didn't even realize this was still going on. Just looked at a few articles to catch up. Is there a way for the pipeline to be rerouted in a way where it doesn't pose a risk to the water supply? They already rerouted once to save the water in Bismark, and now they're over the only water supply for these Sioux folks. I don't blame them for protesting.

10 Images That Perfectly Illustrate the Struggle Against the Dakota Access Pipeline

http://cdn.theantimedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/militarized-dapl.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvzavf9VUAAMqQ-.jpg
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/10-images-that-perfectly-illustrate-the-struggle-against-the-dakota-access-pipeline_112016

Coastie dad
11-02-2016, 07:00 AM
What in the holy ****e ? Yeah.....that wagonburner in the picture looks to be about to lose his chit and go all little bighorn on them, doesn't he?

BucketBack
11-02-2016, 07:22 AM
Can this be retaliation?

Des Moines police now confirming that two police officers were shot and killed overnight, in what police describe as ambush-style attacks.

http://www.kcci.com/article/breaking-two-officers-shot-overnight/8089441

juskom95
11-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Can this be retaliation?

Des Moines police now confirming that two police officers were shot and killed overnight, in what police describe as ambush-style attacks.

http://www.kcci.com/article/breaking-two-officers-shot-overnight/8089441

Shots were already fired at police during the riot/protest/chaos . . . who knows. Do we have any members nearby?

Arklatex
11-02-2016, 09:22 AM
10 Images That Perfectly Illustrate the Struggle Against the Dakota Access Pipeline

http://cdn.theantimedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/militarized-dapl.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvzavf9VUAAMqQ-.jpg
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/10-images-that-perfectly-illustrate-the-struggle-against-the-dakota-access-pipeline_112016
Looks like it's gotten outta control. Thanks for the pics.

In the comments section of the article:

Cops are really good at turning liberals into conservatives. After the first or second arrest they see why the 2nd amendment is such a big deal...

They go in a dreamer and come out a patriot...

juskom95
11-03-2016, 07:40 AM
Not much in the MSM about this, so I thought I would share. This is NPR . . .

And the tribe worries a pipeline spill could pollute local water.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/11/03/500458854/protesters-and-law-enforcement-continue-to-clash-over-pipeline

What is so ironic, is that the pipeline was moved from its original planned path because they were worried about polluting the water source for a city . . . but I guess the Sioux nearby are okay to hurt?

Does no one see the irony, or do they just not care?

Dwight55
11-03-2016, 12:31 PM
I don't have any dog in that fight, . . . but after what the NG boys did at Katrina a few years back, . . . I'm of the opinion that somebody will have to give me a REALLY good reason to trust any of them ever again, . . . should "something happen".

I am not anti-military, . . . don't get me wrong, . . . I just know how some folks do things, . . . and how others just "follow orders".

That bunch of brown shirts in the picture reminds me of the stories of "brown shirts" from some 75 years ago in Europe.

May God bless,
Dwight

juskom95
11-03-2016, 12:52 PM
I don't have any dog in that fight, . . . but after what the NG boys did at Katrina a few years back, . . . I'm of the opinion that somebody will have to give me a REALLY good reason to trust any of them ever again, . . . should "something happen".
I was down there, it was some of the NG, but it was mostly the LEO's from out of state who didn't have a clue about local laws, and the 'do gooders' trying to 'secure weapons'

I am not anti-military, . . . don't get me wrong, . . . I just know how some folks do things, . . . and how others just "follow orders".
One of the hardest things for a soldier to do is to disobey, or even counter, an unlawful order. No matter what happens, you are screwed.
-If you are wrong, at best you are looking at reduction in rank
-If you are right, those who you corrected will be looking for reasons to get their revenge. Retaliation is something real in the military.

That bunch of brown shirts in the picture reminds me of the stories of "brown shirts" from some 75 years ago in Europe.

May God bless,
Dwight
They are just enforcing the law!

Kfilly
11-03-2016, 10:36 PM
First, a disclaimer: This is NOT military bashing.

With the recent North Dakota pipeline protests, the actions of the National Guard and local LE could raise some concern. Many of us like to proclaim that our military and LE would never do this, but they are. I recognize the tactics they are using, they are standard riot control tactics for the military . . . but those are not nice tactics and have an EOF/ROE/ROF geared towards combat roles, and violent protests abroad, not stateside.

Anyone closer to the 'action' have an opinion I'm missing here?

I am surprised train owner Warren Buffet would allow such a pipeline to be built. After all, that will put a damper on his railroad profits.

Inor
11-03-2016, 10:44 PM
I am surprised train owner Warren Buffet would allow such a pipeline to be built. After all, that will put a damper on his railroad profits.

Who do you think is financing the protests?

Kfilly
11-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Who do you think is financing the protests?

Wouldn't it just be easier for him to buy off several Congressmen?

juskom95
11-04-2016, 09:39 AM
Wouldn't it just be easier for him to buy off several Congressmen?

They are not mutually exclusive . . . why not both?

juskom95
11-04-2016, 09:40 AM

There is no guarantee he does not have an investment somewhere in the pipeline either. Rich men do not stay rich without diversification.