PDA

View Full Version : Something to help keep your feet a little warmer.

Kfilly
11-05-2016, 09:54 AM
This is something I did last winter to help keep my feet a little warmer in winter. I bought a cheap car window sun shade. I then took the insoles of my winter boots out of my boots, placed them on the reflective side of said sunscreen, traced the insoles, and cut the traced patterns to size. I placed the sunshade pieces under my insoles with the reflective side up. I then put the insoles back in my boots. The sunshade helps radiate heat back towards your feet. It does seem to help. ;-)

OSFG
11-05-2016, 11:49 AM
This is something I did last winter to help keep my feet a little warmer in winter. I bought a cheap car window sun shade. I then took the insoles of my winter boots out of my boots, placed them on the reflective side said sunscreen, traced the insoles, and cut them to size. I placed the sunshade pieces under my insoles with the reflective side up. I then put the insoles back in my boots. The sunshade helps radiate heat back towards your feet. It does seem to help. ;-)

Hey Inor or Hawg or anyone who would know...Who was the guy that did all the experimentation using throw together things that a regular person would have access to and posted about it?

This thread reminds me of that and it's actually an outstanding topic. KFILLY had a problem and tried something that was commercially unrelated but intuitively it made sense to her/him (sorry...didnt read your profile so I don't know your identified gender...lol)

But to the topic...I think there are a lot of things we do all the time, out of necessity that would help others. So lets hear about it...

hawgrider
11-05-2016, 11:58 AM
Hey Inor or Hawg or anyone who would know...Who was the guy that did all the experimentation using throw together things that a regular person would have access to and posted about it?

This thread reminds me of that and it's actually an outstanding topic. KFILLY had a problem and tried something that was commercially unrelated but intuitively it made sense to her/him (sorry...didnt read your profile so I don't know your identified gender...lol)

But to the topic...I think there are a lot of things we do all the time, out of necessity that would help others. So lets hear about it...Im drawing a blank on the guy. Give me some more clues.

OSFG
11-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Im drawing a blank on the guy. Give me some more clues.

used to test the duration of regular car batteries in a solar panel setup...over at PF.

Inor
11-05-2016, 01:12 PM
used to test the duration of regular car batteries in a solar panel setup...over at PF.

Are you thinking of Leon?

OSFG
11-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Nope....preppersomething....he was like the homeless guy savant....I liked him.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

BucketBack
11-05-2016, 02:56 PM
southernprepper?

Arklatex
11-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Budgetpreppin is who you're thinking of.