PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day 2016

juskom95
11-10-2016, 01:37 PM
So, anyone have anything special planned for this Veteran's Day?

I'm debating putting up a new flagpole and a new flag, along with another flag (probably the 'Whiskey Rebellion') flag and destroying my old, worn out flags.

Inor
11-10-2016, 01:45 PM
They are having some kind of a gathering in the town about 30 miles south of us. Mrs Inor an I are debating going to it.

Sasquatch
11-10-2016, 03:27 PM
Hanging the flag in honor but not much more than that.

Sent from a Galaxy S5 far far away.

Deebo
11-10-2016, 03:29 PM
The work pulled out the Flag today.
Talked of putting her up permanent. Gotta have our resident electrician get a light, and thn we have to secure it better than it is now.
Its my nephews 24 birthday tomorrow too.

BlackDog
11-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Free coffee for Veterans and active duty at the shop.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sparkyprep
11-10-2016, 05:45 PM
I volunteered to work this Veteran's Day, so that some of the veterans that I work with could have the day off.

hawgrider
11-10-2016, 05:56 PM
I'll be at deer camp. Thank you veterans! :usflag:

Dwight55
11-10-2016, 06:45 PM
It's already up..........

Comes down tomorrow after dusk.

May God bless,
Dwight

RubberDuck
11-11-2016, 04:56 AM
Thank you to those who served and serving.
Thank you what you have given and sacrificed.
To those who gave all God bless to them and their families.

rice paddy daddy
11-11-2016, 07:41 AM
I took the day off from work. (Retirement lasted 6 months, now working part time)
I am going to march in the Veteran's Day parade in Kingsland, Georgia with my compatriots in Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 1088.
Actually, "march" is not accurate. I'm going to ride in a Deuce And A Half. (Old infantry truism- never walk when you can ride)

Well, gotta leave now, it's a 30 minute drive to get there.

MI.oldguy
11-11-2016, 08:19 AM
Windy as hell here today.flag is going up anyway.

darsk20
11-11-2016, 10:23 AM
To all the Veterans I can only say thank you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dwight55
11-11-2016, 01:05 PM
...............Actually, "march" is not accurate. I'm going to ride in a Deuce And A Half. (Old infantry truism- never walk when you can ride)

Well, gotta leave now, it's a 30 minute drive to get there.

Uhhh, . . . there is another old infantry truism too, . . . enemy will not waste a big round on a lone walking soldier, . . . but will on a truck full of soldiers.

11B40's who walk, . . . generally get more exercise, . . . and don't have to dodge as much "incoming", . . . uhh, . . . most of the time anyway.

May God bless,
Dwight

Deebo
11-11-2016, 01:20 PM
THANKS to all.
Love from The Deebo house

OSFG
11-11-2016, 07:48 PM
, I know its too late this year...but next year...consider going by the retirement homes...especially the state run ones and talking to the folks there...there are many who served in them as well as spouses of those who served proudly, who are lost in a system and never here the words.."Thank you for your service"....we must not forget our veterans or their service time wifes who gave as much as they did...who get lost ina government support structure that treats them as nothing more than a filled bed and a dinner.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

juskom95
11-12-2016, 09:41 AM
, I know its too late this year...but next year...consider going by the retirement homes...especially the state run ones and talking to the folks there...there are many who served in them as well as spouses of those who served proudly, who are lost in a system and never here the words.."Thank you for your service"....we must not forget our veterans or their service time wifes who gave as much as they did...who get lost ina government support structure that treats them as nothing more than a filled bed and a dinner.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

That is not a bad idea, might be a good task for my daughters.

Baglady
11-12-2016, 09:23 PM
To all you VETS here, Thank you for your service. You may never know how much difference you made in your lifetime, but others do.
:blow: