PDA

View Full Version : The Buck 119 is excellent

Arklatex
12-01-2016, 06:11 PM
I bought this American Classic about a year ago on a whim. It's quickly become my favorite fixed blade knife. It does everything I expected of it and more. I've batoned with it, gutted fish, dug up roots, etc. It just works great for me and is an excellent all around knife. Made in America and sold at common man prices. Holds its edge pretty good too. Highly recommended. The only gripe I have is the factory leather sheath sucks in my opinion. Easy enough to take care of. Here's mine after a year, still looks new but I've used it quite a bit.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161202/04f288f06a734ac83caafee17b3615d2.jpg

hawgrider
12-01-2016, 06:18 PM
I bought this American Classic about a year ago on a whim. It's quickly become my favorite fixed blade knife. It does everything I expected of it and more. I've batoned with it, gutted fish, dug up roots, etc. It just works great for me and is an excellent all around knife. Made in America and sold at common man prices. Holds its edge pretty good too. Highly recommended. The only gripe I have is the factory leather sheath sucks in my opinion. Easy enough to take care of. Here's mine after a year, still looks new but I've used it quite a bit.

I've got a buck I've had for 40 years the blade isnt quite as wide as yours but the same type handle. It was my first hunting knife. She ain't pretty anymore but still would do the job.

Sparkyprep
12-01-2016, 06:37 PM
I had one of those when I was a kid. I broke the tip off trying to throw it into a tree stump. (Dumb-a$$ kid.). I think I still have it somewhere.....

hawgrider
12-01-2016, 06:46 PM
I had one of those when I was a kid. I broke the tip off trying to throw it into a tree stump. (Dumb-a$$ kid.). I think I still have it somewhere.....
Funny... thats how mine mostly got beat up we would practice throwing at prheastoric petrified tree stumps.

Arklatex
12-01-2016, 06:56 PM
LMAO, I broke the tip off of my boyscout knife playing mumbly peg. Landed on a buried rock. That was a really nice victorinox too. Kid stuff, lol.

hawgrider
12-01-2016, 07:07 PM
LMAO, I broke the tip off of my boyscout knife playing mumbly peg. Landed on a buried rock. That was a really nice victorinox too. Kid stuff, lol. I can still throw a balanced knife. My oldest granddaughter got some throwing knives and she was bounceing them off the RubberDucks barn door. I picked one up and threw it from about 10 yards and stuck it first throw lol

Slippy
12-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Classic Knife from Buck. Excellent Ark

Inor
12-01-2016, 07:54 PM
I have the exact same knife. You are right about the sheath, but the knife is awesome.

RubberDuck
12-02-2016, 02:07 AM
The 119 is on my list I carry the Buck 105 for hunting they are built to last an get the job done

Sasquatch
12-02-2016, 03:10 AM

She sure is purty! Cheap sheath's seem to be the problem with most newer knives. Maybe they make them cheap to keep the cost down assuming people will buy a custom sheath.

Infidel
12-03-2016, 08:04 AM
The119 is a great knife. It's a bit big for a lot of tasks but still makes a great knife for general use. The cheap sheath is an issue that's been plaguing all the newer buck knives. They don't make the flap sheaths anymore and all the newer sheaths have a plastic insert in them that rattles like mad. As luck would have it though, I make a variety of well made sheaths and have a pattern for the buck 119 already made. Surf on over to my thread in the hobbies section and you'll see several sheaths there and the one specifically made for the 119. Should you decide you want to order one, shoot me a pm and we'll discuss the particulars.