PDA

View Full Version : Do you "Believe" God, or "Believe In" God? There is an eternal difference.

Dwight55
12-07-2016, 10:30 AM
This week's message:

https://youtu.be/HgSKo1RkHn0

May God bless,
Dwight

BucketBack
12-07-2016, 03:46 PM
I don't have the time to listen know, due to my living arrangement.

You have better believe in the Word though, and believe it as well.

A Watchman
12-07-2016, 09:24 PM
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

Dwight55
12-07-2016, 10:32 PM
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

In a way it's funny that you quoted that particular verse. It and I have a special relationship.

Had a discussion with a guy on the Trinity, . . . God gave me 1st John 5:7 and John 1:1, . . . just out of the blue, . . . I knew em, knew where to find em, . . . had never taken time to study the concept out, . . . I did shortly after that though.

Later is was almost frightening how I was given that knowledge that day, . . .

Still gives me chills when I think how awesome He treats us at times, . . . that was one of them.

May God bless,
Dwight

inceptor
12-07-2016, 10:49 PM
In a way it's funny that you quoted that particular verse. It and I have a special relationship.

Had a discussion with a guy on the Trinity, . . . God gave me 1st John 5:7 and John 1:1, . . . just out of the blue, . . . I knew em, knew where to find em, . . . had never taken time to study the concept out, . . . I did shortly after that though.

Later is was almost frightening how I was given that knowledge that day, . . .

Still gives me chills when I think how awesome He treats us at times, . . . that was one of them.

May God bless,
Dwight

Amen to that!

Denton
12-08-2016, 11:09 AM
There is no doubt God speaks through you, and I am certain He is speaking to me through you.

I believe in God and know His Son is my savior. If I believed God, my thoughts, words and actions would be His and not mine.

Looking forward to next week's sermon.

Slippy
12-08-2016, 11:43 AM
I am so very thankful that God gave his Son to die on the Cross to save my sinful sorry self and to give me everlasting life. I'm not worthy of it but God says I am. That's good enough with me.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

Denton
12-08-2016, 11:55 AM
I am so very thankful that God gave his Son to die on the Cross to save my sinful sorry self and to give me everlasting life. I'm not worthy of it but God says I am. That's good enough with me.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

Big question for us is, do we live our lives as if we believe Him?

As it has been said so many times; if being a Christian were made illegal, would there be enough evidence to convict us?

Slippy
12-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Big question for us is, do we live our lives as if we believe Him?

As it has been said so many times; if being a Christian were made illegal, would there be enough evidence to convict us?

Guilty as Charged!

Or Innocent on many days depending on how your post is worded.

As Mrs Slippy often says; "Slippy, I pray that Jesus does not return while you and your buddies are at a NASCAR race at Talladega. You'll have some 'splaining to do!"

Denton
12-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Guilty as Charged!

Or Innocent on many days depending on how your post is worded.

As Mrs Slippy often says; "Slippy, I pray that Jesus does not return while you and your buddies are at a NASCAR race at Talladega. You'll have some 'splaining to do!"

It seems to me our problem is that we get too involved with our own thinking. We rely on our myopic, inferior thoughts and we don't bother conferring with our Dad. That's not good. Not only are we depriving Him of the interaction He wan't with His children, we also cause Him to watch our self-created train wrecks that could have been avoided had we focused on Him, rather than ourselves.