PDA

View Full Version : Are Fish Antibiotics Headed Towards Prescription-Only?

hawgrider
12-16-2016, 05:29 AM
Stories have been circulating lately regarding new regulations for some veterinarian medications which have been previously ‘over the counter’. The various reports that I’ve read go so far as to suggest that even ‘fish meds’ may require a prescription in the future (hint: ‘fish’ antibiotics).

One wonders if it’s rumor, truth, or somewhere in-between.

The apparent deadline is the first of the year (2017) when the new regulations go into effect…

Over on Rawles’ site, a recent letter from an animal vet reads as follows,

Dear Jim: http://modernsurvivalblog.com/health/are-fish-antibiotics-headed-towards-prescription-only/

A Watchman
12-16-2016, 06:37 AM
Read this in the comments:

I watched a Patriot Nurse video yesterday and she said the regulation only applies to ‘food producing’ animals..so our fish antibiotics are safe.

juskom95
12-16-2016, 08:23 AM
Give it enough time and everything is either going to be prescription only or will require you to go behind the counter for it (think, SUDAFED and Claritin)

The government cannot have us treating ourselves now, that is just ludicrous!

hawgrider
12-16-2016, 08:27 AM
Give it enough time and everything is either going to be prescription only or will require you to go behind the counter for it (think, SUDAFED and Claritin)

The government cannot have us treating ourselves now, that is just ludicrous!

Its coming as sure as the sun rises tomorrow.

Arklatex
12-16-2016, 08:39 AM
I saw that Patriot nurse video the other day. It's just like Watchman said. The fish stuff isn't part of it. But you'll have to go to the vet to get stuff for livestock, where you used to be able to just go to the feed store and buy it. Probably gonna raise prices too.

Sparkyprep
12-16-2016, 08:47 AM
Of course it will raise prices. That is the goal.

azrancher
12-16-2016, 12:13 PM
OK how does the fish antibiotic store know you are buying the Fishmox for gold fish or Tilapia? Or is it for my pet quail, or my egg laying chickens?

Guess what, this is a ban against all sales of antibiotics without a Rx Script.

Rancher

azrancher
12-16-2016, 12:14 PM
Why am I getting double posts?

Rancher