PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for the folks in South Georgia

Slippy
01-26-2017, 08:11 PM
Son2 called and told Mrs Slippy about his past week in South Georgia (Albany) working to restore power (GA Power, Co) after the tornados hit the area last weekend. His crew set a number of power poles and restored power to the area that had numerous deaths. One neighborhood, they set poles and restored power but the homes were gone, torn apart by the tornado.

I have not spoken to him but Mrs S said he was obviously upset but handling it well. At a young age, he has witnessed carnage and devastation. The local people cheer and applaud him and his crews as they work to get the power up and running. They are thankful and appreciative.

I pray that he and his crew are safe and well taken care of, that they are mature and stable enough to see natures devastion with understanding and maturity. I pray for the people who are involved and that their families are safe and blessed after this horrible situation. I ask you all for your prayers too.

hawgrider
01-26-2017, 08:16 PM
Not much news coverage on it up here. Lineman are heaven sent!

Arklatex
01-26-2017, 08:28 PM
Albany Georgia is a shit hole. We used to have a tire plant there but they couldn't get enough good help there cause it's fulla spodas. The Steelworkers Union saved a handful of the best and shipped em to Texarkana plant. Spodas one and all. Sorry ass no working ****s. And your son is out there saving them. God bless him and keep him safe.

A Watchman
01-26-2017, 08:31 PM
Standing with all the responders and victims.

Baglady
01-26-2017, 11:01 PM
Good reminder Slippy. I'm afraid I don't think about the hard and dangerous work that goes into bringing civilization back to a devastated community.
I guess I've slipped into the comfort zone, since I've never had to do without electricity or water for more than 3-5 days.
May God Bless and look after all the people who help others in their time of need.
And Lord please comfort and guide those who have suffered. Amen.

Slippy
01-29-2017, 07:28 AM
Good reminder Slippy. I'm afraid I don't think about the hard and dangerous work that goes into bringing civilization back to a devastated community.
I guess I've slipped into the comfort zone, since I've never had to do without electricity or water for more than 3-5 days.
May God Bless and look after all the people who help others in their time of need.
And Lord please comfort and guide those who have suffered. Amen.

Son2 sent this picture while working to restore power to an area of Albany affected by the tornados. Total devastation.

Over 60 homes were destroyed in the area that he was working. Very sad.