PDA

View Full Version : UTG Pro super slim fore end

Just Sayin'
07-18-2014, 08:57 PM
I installed a UTG Pro Super Slim Handguard on my M&P15. Here is my initial impression of it.

It is a free float handguard that uses a proprietary barrel nut. It comes with a wrench and barrel nut, and a shim that can be used to correctly align the barrel nut if necessary. You do have to be a little careful with the barrel wrench and the barrel nut, the wrench can slip easily if you do not get it fully engaged in the slot on the nut. Installation is pretty straightforward although new AR armorers might get a little confused by the directions.

The quality of the handguard and and parts are good. No they are not YHM or Troy quality, but considering that they are half the price or less, they are acceptable. When I first purchased the handguard, I was told that additional pic rails were available. They were not, but UTG now has several different lengths of pic rails to customize your handguard to your individual preferences.

I've got about 400 rounds downrange with this handguard, and so far no issues.

All in all, I'd recommend this handguard if you are on a budget and looking for a smaller, free floating handguard.