PDA

View Full Version : Survival fun for the whole family

KnuteFartne
03-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Sure Monopoly is fun but why not play a game that will sharpen your post SHTF skills! Came across this card game and it looked interesting.

https://www.conflictedthegame.com/

-Squatch

Sent from a Galaxy S5 far far away.

OSFG
03-09-2017, 05:24 PM
THis actually sound pretty good. It would be interesting to see all the different scenarios that others think about or can conceive of....

Also something we have done here and other places with our threads, but assholes like me screw it up....example is the "What if I had a Shipping container fortress with peasants working outside the gates....How would you attack?" thread from days gone by.

Jerry D Young
03-10-2017, 04:35 PM
I play this fairly regularly with a couple of different prepper groups. It is a great learning tool for the people in the group, especially the leadership.

Of course, no one knows for sure exactly how they would react in the given scenarios, but it is highly informative on how a given person does respond to the questions raised. Some people are 'Kill them all and let God sort them out', some always want more information that is on the card before they make a decision, others are all trusting, and so on. You can get a decent idea of how people might react in similar situations (since the ones on the cards are often really unlikely, but do bring up good points). You can learn which people you might want to be outside barterers, and others you do not want anywhere near outsiders; who would be a good organizer for projects and who needs to be with someone that can take the lead all the time.

I highly recommend the series of decks.

Just my opinion.