PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Adventure 24 ounce Stainless Steel Cook Pot Review

Kfilly
03-16-2017, 06:42 PM
This is the small cook pot I carry in my INCH pack. It is roughly a 4" diameter pot that stands about 6" tall. The pot weighs about 8 ounces, and it is good for one or two people. The handle locks in both the folded and extended positions. The handle can be removed to fit into certain carrying sacks/pouches. This pot comes with 2 insulated plastic cups that nest and fit inside of the stove. The cups are heavy, and they would only be useful for car camping. This can be purchased at either Wal-Mart or on Amazon. This pot sells for about $15, and its quality makes it a steal for that price.

Picture of the cook pot with handle extended. My 35 foot Stanley tape measure is in the background for a size reference. The green tab in the center of the lid is a plastic handle that can be flipped up to allow the lid to easily be removed.

Picture of the stove with the handle stored for transport. The handle keeps the lid on the stove in this configuration. The silver bar that spans across both sides of the wire handle is a side mechanism that locks the handle in place for use and for storage.

This is a picture of the underside of the lid. The lid has a series of tiny holes which allow the lid to serve as a strainer if cooking rice or pasta.

The pot has stamped markings which are visible from both the inside and outside of the pot. The measurements start at 8 ounces, and they are labeled every 4 ounces after until the pot's 24 ounce capacity is reached.

hawgrider
03-16-2017, 06:54 PM
Nice pot! I like it!

Kfilly
03-16-2017, 06:59 PM
Nice pot! I like it!

It is a pretty ingenious design. I am not exactly sure how much just the pot weighs. It is 14 ounces with the two insulated cups, but those are easily half the weight of the entire set up.

Sparkyprep
03-16-2017, 08:01 PM
I have that exact same pot set. I think the cups are so heavy as to provide some insulating qualities. It really is a nice setup, especially for $15. It fits and works great with my Emberlit stove.

A Watchman
03-16-2017, 08:09 PM
I'm looking at another pot set up to add to my stores. Thanks, I will check it out.

Kfilly
03-16-2017, 08:14 PM
I have that exact same pot set. I think the cups are so heavy as to provide some insulating qualities. It really is a nice setup, especially for $15. It fits and works great with my Emberlit stove.

I actually bought a stainless steel straw I carry in my pack. I use my pot as a pot and a cup. I drink hot liquids from the pot with the straw before the pot sides cool off. It saves me the weight of carrying an additional cup. I agree that this is a nice small pot. Guyot Backpackers Stainless Steel Canteen also nests perfectly with this pot.

RubberDuck
03-17-2017, 01:54 AM
good review I have that pot used it all deer season worked great

hawgrider
03-17-2017, 05:03 AM
good review I have that pot used it all deer season worked greatThats the same pot you have been using for a couple years now ... thought it looked familiar.

Arklatex
03-17-2017, 09:27 AM
I have that one too. The lid from that pot also fits great on the stainless steel cups that nest with Nalgene and Kleen Kanteens.

Sparkyprep
03-17-2017, 05:26 PM
Ok. Im sitting in a hotel room, bored, so here is a pic of the above referenced pot sitting atop an Emberlit camping stove.

Kfilly
03-18-2017, 04:22 PM
I'm looking at another pot set up to add to my stores. Thanks, I will check it out.

It really is a nice small pot. It is not as lightweight as a titanium pot or cup, but I believe stainless steel is better at transferring heat to whatever it is you are cooking/boiling. That makes the few extra ounces worth it in this case.