PDA

View Full Version : Genealogy and 18th Century History

TXplowgirl
03-17-2017, 07:56 AM
My most favorite thing to do is research my family history and since I got the Ancestry DNA test done I have been having a lot of matches to relatives in the 18th century. I love reading about what my relatives were doing back in that time period. And to help with that there is a gentleman on YouTube that has a channel dedicated to the people who lived during that time. He shows how they cooked, dressed and what they used. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqI2HHDKCCc

I find it really fun to actually have a live reference to actually see how they lived during that time. I also have found how to preserve and learn the old ways to preserve foods the way the way they did back then. It has helped in my prepping also.

Top 6 ways of egg preservation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUYgguMz1qI&index=22&list=PL4e4wpjna1vwJfLskF8o2H4ZHkyt4eWna

Ricekila
03-17-2017, 08:00 AM
On my list of things to do -- I just wanna see if any of my long dead relatives lied --

Wifey #2 - was told her mothers side of the family was related to Nathan Hale --- not even close --

TXplowgirl
03-17-2017, 08:23 AM
On my list of things to do -- I just wanna see if any of my long dead relatives lied --

Wifey #2 - was told her mothers side of the family was related to Nathan Hale --- not even close --

Oh yea, 1 of the stories I grew up with is that we had Cherokee and Choctaw in us. So I wanted to either prove or disprove that. My mom is 79% European with a little irish and Scandinavian, i'm about 59%. No indian in us at all but found out I have a 6th great grandfather who was black, Lol. Needless to say some family members were not happy about that.

hawgrider
03-17-2017, 08:29 AM
I don't think I would ever do one of those DNA tests .... Something just bothers me about that!

juskom95
03-17-2017, 08:37 AM
My mother's side was real into their genealogy. My grandmother immigrated here from Austria during WWII.

Just to make things weird, my wife is American Indian, and the neat thing about that is she knows quite a bit about her genealogy.

Ricekila
03-17-2017, 08:51 AM
Ya-know that ad on the tube --- "I though I was Italian" --- "Only to find out I'm eastern European" = sand nigger !

My luck -- I'm over 50% Greek -- although there ain't many blue eyed goat fuckers --

BucketBack
03-17-2017, 09:05 AM
Who would have thought?

If you have blues eyes and phuck goats, there is less chance of you making blue eyed babies

Arklatex
03-17-2017, 09:45 AM
I like that guys channel. Especially the recipies for over the campfire.

TXplowgirl
03-17-2017, 10:09 AM
I don't think I would ever do one of those DNA tests .... Something just bothers me about that!

Totally understand on that but I look at it this way. I have never done anything illegal to worry about it plus I drove truck for 10 years. I had to have fingerprints done for background checks so I could haul high value loads. Not to mention I usually wind up in the hospital at least once a year due to ongoing health issues so i'm pretty sure "certain" government agencies already know all about me if they wanted to know anything.

juskom95
03-17-2017, 11:16 AM
Totally understand on that but I look at it this way. I have never done anything illegal to worry about it plus I drove truck for 10 years. I had to have fingerprints done for background checks so I could haul high value loads. Not to mention I usually wind up in the hospital at least once a year due to ongoing health issues so i'm pretty sure "certain" government agencies already know all about me if they wanted to know anything.

My DNA is on file with the Army (somewhere) so its not a concern for me, but my kids/wife?

http://i.imgur.com/Jo3pxqm.gif

dudeman
03-18-2017, 08:47 AM
Lucky Luciano was my great uncle Charley.