PDA

View Full Version : New posts isnt working correctly

Unclefred
03-20-2017, 10:08 PM
Nope. It only shows acouple of new and a bunch of old posts. Scrolling through the forums proves that. Tedious though.

Inor
03-20-2017, 10:36 PM
Nope. It only shows acouple of new and a bunch of old posts. Scrolling through the forums proves that. Tedious though.

??? What are you talking about?

Unclefred
03-20-2017, 10:48 PM
??? What are you talking about?

http://www.hostpic.org/images/1703210917200101.jpg (http://www.hostpic.org/view.php?filename=1703210917200101.jpg)

hawgrider
03-21-2017, 04:17 AM
I exclusively use the new posts button. Never had a issue. I dont seem to miss much of anything. Once I read the new posts the same post does not show back up unless somebody posts a new post in the same thread. So what u talkin bout Willis?

juskom95
03-21-2017, 08:07 AM

If you log out, or don't check the 'remember me,' box when you click on 'new posts,' it lists the new posts since your last visit. Usually you won't notice anything, but sometimes it will list some new posts as old because of your login time. I see it when I'm logged in on multiple systems/browsers. I've seen it on other vbulletin systems, I think it is just a quirk of the forum software.

Unclefred
03-21-2017, 10:10 AM
If you log out, or don't check the 'remember me,' box when you click on 'new posts,' it lists the new posts since your last visit. Usually you won't notice anything, but sometimes it will list some new posts as old because of your login time. I see it when I'm logged in on multiple systems/browsers. I've seen it on other vbulletin systems, I think it is just a quirk of the forum software.

It might have been that or my tablet perhaps. It's pretty flukey.

juskom95
03-21-2017, 10:29 AM
It might have been that or my tablet perhaps. It's pretty flukey.

I have a bad habit when I'm working at home to log into OTP on FireFox and Chrome at the same time (SB was the same way) and the new post looks . . . funky.

Or gremlins. I will blame gremlins also.

Walter Tyler
03-21-2017, 10:35 AM
Gremlins... Always lettin out the Damn magic smoke.