PDA

View Full Version : What did you do today ?

Tachammer73
07-20-2014, 06:08 PM
This was one of my favorite and longest running threads somewhere else and I think it would do well here too. So everyone what was your prep of the day? Mine was going through my get home bag reevaluating the contents and organizing it.

machinejjh
07-20-2014, 06:25 PM
Today was grocery day. Stocked up on beans, rice and other pantry items. Rotated pantry as well. Also did my weekly wipe down of the EDC. Now to relaxing....

Pauls
07-20-2014, 08:16 PM
Today was the Lord's day. He and I went out to the range and I was blessed with 100 once-fired 223/5.56 brass and 80 9mm once fired brass - and I didn't have to buy it or shoot it - it just fell like manna from heaven. I tried, without success to make a decent group with some factory 257 Roberts ammo. I am looking forward to loading some of my own to see what the Browning will digest and spit out into a decent sub MOA group.

Tachammer73
07-20-2014, 08:33 PM
That's what I'm talkin'bout :) anyone else?

jbrooks19
07-22-2014, 09:15 AM
Bought 2 more cases of water and decided i am consolidating calibers.. Bye Bye .45acp

nephilim
07-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Went to work. Came in to a cluster fuck of a situation. Joyous times!

Pauls
07-22-2014, 07:45 PM
Weeded the garden, built a lattice for the ever growing tomato bush, and built a heavy duty lattice for the cantaloupe plants. It looks like we will have enough cantaloupe to share again this year. We also harvested the first three Roma tomatoes today and more strawberries - looks like we will have enough tomatoes for the entire area.

Chipper
07-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Can't say.

Slippy
07-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Put in some hours at work then took off early to enjoy this unseasonably cool day in the Southeastern US. Rode my 4 wheeler around and enjoyed my new and improved range. Son 1 stopped by and offered to clean weapons. Mrs Slippy complained at least three times about the Smell of Hoppe's 9 permeating through the house. Me and Son 1 just smiled.

machinejjh
07-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Went to work. Had to fix someone's knucklehead problem- "you mean brass cracks when water freezes in it?!" Yes, you dummy! Your $30,000 machine has EIGHT meter hours on it, and you let it freeze! Here's your $3000 invoice for me fixing it.

I did nothing toward my preps today, unless you count looking online for a small patch of land.

Tachammer73
07-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Worked from 6 to 2:30 then came home and relaxed for a couple hours then grilled pork chops and sweet corn for supper the when cleanup was done went for a ride on the Harley for an hour or so

Baglady
07-29-2014, 10:03 PM
Well, (since you asked), I pulled the onions, picked 3 buckets of tomato's, (to go along with the +50lbs we've already put up). Picked about 8lbs of grapes off our one vine, then rendered the juice to make jelly.
Did 3 loads of laundry, made supper and cleaned up.
Oh, and went to the post office.

Nightshade
07-29-2014, 10:15 PM
i owned it today and am celebrating with killing brain cells

Inor
07-29-2014, 10:40 PM
I am in Ottawa on business this week. So I woke about 5:30, went through my normal morning routine and went to the client site. I came back to the hotel and found a letter of apology and a box of candy from the hotel manager sitting in my room because of some perceived problems that I had with check-in yesterday. There was not a real problem.

I checked in a day late due to flight problems and the desk clerk had problems finding my reservation because the gal that makes all of travel reservations booked the hotel through hotels.com to save a few bucks. I mentioned to my travel gal not to use hotels.com anymore and she took it to mean that I was pissed at the desk clerk. So, she took it upon herself to call the general manager of the hotel and complain on my behalf. So, a desk clerk that has been nothing but 110% nice and accommodating to me was now getting in trouble because my travel gal is so over-protective of me. (Not that I can really be mad at my travel gal either since she thought she was "looking out" for me.)

So, I spent the evening writing e-mails to hotel managers and running around apologizing to every hotel person that would listen about "the misunderstanding". I feel absolutely terrible about the whole thing because my travel gal was just being loyal to me and the hotel staff have been the best I have experienced in a LONG LONG time. Hopefully, giving the box of candy to them to put in their break room and the messages to the manager will sooth things over because these folks have been great and I certainly do not want anybody to get in trouble over it.

Coppertop
07-30-2014, 01:23 AM
Working nights this week- I'm on my last one tonight!!!! So I went home, slept, got up, and came back to work. Pretty mundane day, other than the PITA I have to deal with on nights.

Tachammer73
07-30-2014, 09:09 PM
Took the pup out to a coon hunting friends place to meet the other hounds :)http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/31/egege9am.jpg

jbrooks19
08-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Bought 3 more cases of water and reorganized my prep area and did a ammo count.

jbrooks19
08-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Oh, also scheduled installation of an ADT security systems. So I feel my family will be safer when I'm not home.