PDA

View Full Version : How to open a master lock in seconds – with just a small hammer

hawgrider
04-11-2017, 10:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU9MB5XPsp4

http://thefunnybeaver.com/how-to-open-a-master-lock-in-seconds-with-just-a-small-hammer/

juskom95
04-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Looks similar to raking a pick across the tumblers, or similar to a pick gun.

I have an old masterlock rusted on a gate I might try this on.

hawgrider
04-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Looks similar to raking a pick across the tumblers, or similar to a pick gun.

I have an old masterlock rusted on a gate I might try this on.

Rusty might be more difficult.

juskom95
04-11-2017, 11:36 AM

I don't think the rust stops the operation, but since I lost the keys to it years ago . . . nothing to lose!

Kfilly
04-11-2017, 11:45 AM
I don't think the rust stops the operation, but since I lost the keys to it years ago . . . nothing to lose!

We carry a tool called a Haligan bar on our fire trucks. It is a solid metal bar with forks on one side, and a flat end (kind of like a very large flat head screwdriver which also has a very large spike coming out of the end. Anyway, one of our lock picking methods is to drive the spike end of the Haligan bar straight through the lock opening. The spike gets progressively larger and it pops most locks open pretty easily. Locks are merely for keeping honest people out.

Below is a link to what I described. I even thought about buying one and keeping at BOL. It is the ultimate forceable entry tool when coupled with a flat head ax. Fire departments put those tools together, and they are our keys to the city.

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/product.aspx/productId/13101/selectedVariationId/11254/Fire-Hooks-Unlimited-Pro-Bar-Halligan-Type-Forcible-Entry-Tool?utm_source=adwordsfroogle&utm_campaign=adwordsfroogle&utm_content=11254&gclid=CjwKEAjw_bHHBRD4qbKukMiVgU0SJADr08ZZIUigzGjV GOvZ5To-pwYzHQ-11ISQZlbwTQIvrcq-FhoCJKDw_wcB

juskom95
04-11-2017, 11:56 AM
We carry a tool called a Haligan bar on our fire trucks. It is a solid metal bar with forks on one side, and a flat end (kind of like a very large flat head screwdriver which also has a very large spike coming out of the end.
We had one as our hard drive destroying tool.

Anyway, one of our lock picking methods is to drive the spike end of the Haligan bar straight through the lock opening. The spike gets progressively larger and it pops most locks open pretty easily. Locks are merely for keeping honest people out.

Below is a link to what I described. I even thought about buying one and keeping at BOL. It is the ultimate forceable entry tool when coupled with a flat head ax. Fire departments put those tools together, and they are our keys to the city.

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/product.aspx/productId/13101/selectedVariationId/11254/Fire-Hooks-Unlimited-Pro-Bar-Halligan-Type-Forcible-Entry-Tool?utm_source=adwordsfroogle&utm_campaign=adwordsfroogle&utm_content=11254&gclid=CjwKEAjw_bHHBRD4qbKukMiVgU0SJADr08ZZIUigzGjV GOvZ5To-pwYzHQ-11ISQZlbwTQIvrcq-FhoCJKDw_wcB
Sometimes one does not want to destroy the latch the lock is attached to either. I have bolt cutters (somewhere) but I'm curious if this will work. I don't use that gate, which is why the keys got lost in the first place.

Kfilly
04-11-2017, 12:01 PM
We had one as our hard drive destroying tool.

Sometimes one does not want to destroy the latch the lock is attached to either. I have bolt cutters (somewhere) but I'm curious if this will work. I don't use that gate, which is why the keys got lost in the first place.

You would need a pretty large bolt cutters. The standard ones most people have in their house (16" handles) won't generate enough leverage to cut hardened steel unless you are a mountain of a man.

I love destroying stuff. It is one of the best things we get to do at fires. Before any gets mad at that comment, most stuff is already damaged by the smoke, fire, or water we use to fight the fire. I am also not talking about destroying possessions, but rather breaking doors or busting out windows to control the fire.

juskom95
04-11-2017, 12:05 PM
You would need a pretty large bolt cutters. The standard ones most people have in their house (16" handles) won't generate enough leverage to cut hardened steel unless you are a mountain of a man.

What, padlocks? I used to do that all day long with our SINCGARs because idiots lost the keys. Believe me, I'm not a 'mountain of a man,' but I do know how to use bolt cutters. I used a set like this:

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/1000/d3/d3cc3e86-9cef-4372-8d5c-bdb480a090c1_1000.jpg

Inor
04-11-2017, 12:18 PM
I bought a good set of lock picks and a tutorial on how to use them a couple years ago. I had no prior experience and after a couple days of practice, I was surprised at how easy most locks are to pick.

dudeman
04-12-2017, 08:14 AM

Just need a bigger hammer.

TJC44
04-12-2017, 10:10 AM

I love destroying stuff. It is one of the best things we get to do at fires. Before any gets mad at that comment, most stuff is already damaged by the smoke, fire, or water we use to fight the fire. I am also not talking about destroying possessions, but rather breaking doors or busting out windows to control the fire.

Must be a Truckie.

Kfilly
04-12-2017, 07:05 PM
Must be a Truckie.

Yep!

Mister Mills
04-18-2017, 02:14 PM
Well, that is disheartening, but at least I know how easy it is, for anyone to open a Master. I can add that knowledge, to how easy it is to bust a U bicycle lock.

homefire
04-18-2017, 05:02 PM
Have you tried that in person? You know in flesh? Interesting place you got here. I Like It!

Hi JACK!!!

homefire
04-18-2017, 05:03 PM
Hands up!! Boom boom boom!

hawgrider
04-18-2017, 05:07 PM
Inside joke? Hands up boom boom boom ?

Speaking of jokes ... if you had a Uncle "Jack " and he was stuck up on a roof would you help your uncle jack off?

Radio
04-18-2017, 07:10 PM
Speaking of jokes ... if you had a Uncle "Jack " and he was stuck up on a roof would you help your uncle jack off?

Hahaha!

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/84/1178664499_3.jpg

Sorry. . . That was wrong.