PDA

View Full Version : “Survive the Apocalypse In Style”: Go Beyond Prepping to Self-Sustaining

hawgrider
04-20-2017, 05:54 AM
This article was written and originally published by Activist Post.

Editor’s Comment: These things go beyond the basics you might put together in a 72-hour bug out bag. If you have the means, these might be items well-worth investing in. In the long term, while you must be prepared for bugging out and making do with little-to-nothing, the most ideal survival plan would be one that overlapped neatly with a self-sustaining, off grid homestead. If it were properly set-up, and well-away from the beaten path of major urban populations, it could remain sustainable during a collapse scenario, though every effort would be needed to conceal and downplay the niceties that you enjoy while the rest of the world endures hell on earth.

These items could keep you going, and maintain a decent level of comfort, perhaps in spite of it all. A major financial investment is not, alone, enough to survive, of course. One must be mentally-prepared, trained and grounded to the earth as well as the people who will be mutually-supporting survival. Start where ever you can, and be as ready as you can.

14 Items You Need to Survive the Apocalypse In Style

by Activist Post

Disaster prepping and homesteading have gone mainstream. Because of the growing uncertainty in the world, post-apocalyptic themes seem to be everywhere. The massive popularity of books, movies and TV shows about the zombie apocalypse,

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/survive-the-apocalypse-in-style-go-beyond-prepping-to-self-sustaining_04192017

TJC44
04-20-2017, 07:13 AM
Food for thought.
Not going to go out and buy the set. But to have a homebrew version available at the BOL.
(The apocalypse without beer? Now THERE's the end of the world!)

juskom95
04-20-2017, 10:32 AM
Not a bad list, but I wouldn't go out and buy COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) stuff for everything. I would like to know the how behind some of that so I could fix it, but some of the stuff is standard (or should be) for regular disasters.