PDA

View Full Version : One of my favorite hobbiesis scuba diving

Kfilly
04-25-2017, 07:52 AM
I love scuba diving. I equate it to being able to hike underwater. You get to see some really cool stuff especially in the tropics. Diving in the tropics is incredible as all of the corals and fish are very colorful. There are also plenty of wrecks to dive which is something I want to get into as it is another side of history. I do not get a chance to do this hobby very often as it is expensive, weather dependent, and you have a partner who has free time. Plus, there are not really any good areas to go by my house.

hawgrider
04-25-2017, 08:34 AM
Always wanted to. To old fat and tired now though.

Gambit
04-25-2017, 09:29 AM
my father used to scuba and has found many cannon balls
I always wanted to try it but being large I might be mistaken as a whale and harpoon by Japanese fishermen

Unclefred
04-25-2017, 10:40 AM
Around here it's too dark and cloudy for me. I have scuba'd a few times off Cancun and Isla Mujeres, crystal clear, 80 degrees and lots of fish. It's a shallow dive mostly 30 odd feet. One instructor I met made me very envious, he travels around between Mex and Thailand all year doing dive certifications and trips out of resorts. I wish I would have thought of that.

Deebo
04-25-2017, 01:19 PM
My cousins husband just recently quit doing home repairs, and is now working at a diving shop fulltime.
Follow your dreams....

Sparkyprep
04-25-2017, 06:26 PM
Somewhat avid diver here. (South Florida, duh!). Lol. I don't go nearly as often as I would like, but I really do enjoy catching lobsters and spear fishing in the Keys.

Kfilly
04-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Somewhat avid diver here. (South Florida, duh!). Lol. I don't go nearly as often as I would like, but I really do enjoy catching lobsters and spear fishing in the Keys.

I bet you get to spear a lot of lion fish. Last time I dove in the Caribbean, those dam things were everywhere.

Sparkyprep
04-26-2017, 05:34 PM
I bet you get to spear a lot of lion fish. Last time I dove in the Caribbean, those dam things were everywhere.

Yea, we are overrun with the bastards. They actually taste pretty good, but a pain to clean. New law last year says you get extra lobster on your bag limit if you also spear lionfish.