PDA

View Full Version : For the Bracelet types..

hawgrider
05-01-2017, 05:58 AM
The Leatherman Tread Bracelet has got you covered.

http://myzone.kola3h3xzfzrglqef.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Leatherman-Tread-Bracelet-The-Travel-Friendly-Wearable-Multi-Tool-pictures-001.jpg

If you need a portable, quality multi-tool look no further – The Leatherman Tread Bracelet has got you covered.

So, if you are out in the boonies and suddenly a life-threatening situation comes up that involves a loose screw, what do you do? Hypothetically speaking, and not pushing you to buy the most awesome portable tools bracelet (wink wink), if you had the Leatherman Tread Bracelet around your wrist, you could end up kicking some serious screw butt.

Of course, there’s the element of saving a life too and being praised as a hero later. But, man, the screw… that’s what needs a proper toolkit to screw or unscrew. It’s like one of those screw the screw things… if you know what I mean.

http://thefunnybeaver.com/leatherman-tread-bracelet-multi-tool/

RubberDuck
05-01-2017, 06:16 AM
I'm not one for wrist wears anymore but this is pretty cool
for $160 it should have a watch on it though.

Sparkyprep
05-01-2017, 07:28 AM
Been around a couple years. Ive seen it in my local Bass Pro. It looks heavy, and uncomfortable. It is also $160 for what amounts to a screwdriver.

hawgrider
05-01-2017, 08:08 AM
Been around a couple years. Ive seen it in my local Bass Pro. It looks heavy, and uncomfortable. It is also $160 for what amounts to a screwdriver.

But But... its more than just a screw driver.

juskom95
05-01-2017, 12:25 PM
Looks interesting, but I'm not sure on the price tag. Then again, it could be one of those "never," use tools until you actually need it too.

Sparkyprep
05-01-2017, 12:29 PM
Looks interesting, but I'm not sure on the price tag. Then again, it could be one of those "never," use tools until you actually need it too.

At any given rime, i have 2 different Leathermans on me.

juskom95
05-01-2017, 12:37 PM

When I did more outside/physical work I carried two multi-tools (gerber & leatherman) along with at least two knives along with my regular tool bags. I can still remember a time when I was down to only a knife for one reason or another too. I wouldn't go out and buy one, but I can understand the idea behind it.

hawgrider
05-01-2017, 12:41 PM
If you guys carried a Gerber multi tool you wouldn't need 2 Leathermans LMAO!

Unclefred
05-01-2017, 12:57 PM
I think a necklace would be more elegant.

Sparkyprep
05-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Lol. But i would have to buy a new Gerber once a week.

juskom95
05-01-2017, 01:09 PM
If you guys carried a Gerber multi tool you wouldn't need 2 Leathermans LMAO!

They were for antenna's and other bolts you needed two pliers for. I carried a gerber and a leatherman, broke both at one point too!

Batou
05-01-2017, 01:45 PM
I enjoy multi tools but I keep trashing them. It's my own fault for using them like actual tools and not a handy pocket convenience.

On the bracelet thing; I'm not giving them $160 for it. That's a lot of soup beans.

SouthernBrat
05-01-2017, 05:21 PM
The Leatherman Tread Bracelet has got you covered.

http://thefunnybeaver.com/leatherman-tread-bracelet-multi-tool/

Dang it! Don't show me stuff like that! I am addicted to gadgets like this. :snob:

DerBiermeister
05-01-2017, 06:46 PM

I guess I am getting old. My newer Leathermans, like the Charge + accessories, are heavy as all get out. They weigh me down.

And that bracelet -- it looks uncomfortable.

Sparkyprep
05-01-2017, 07:13 PM
I guess I am getting old. My newer Leathermans, like the Charge + accessories, are heavy as all get out. They weigh me down.

And that bracelet -- it looks uncomfortable.

I have a Surge on my belt, and a MUT molle strapped to my GHB.

Inor
05-01-2017, 09:55 PM
I saw a guy get kicked off a plane once for having one of those. I am not much of a jewelry guy anyway. I wear my wedding ring and sometimes a watch. Other than that, no thanks.

juskom95
05-02-2017, 08:36 AM
I saw a guy get kicked off a plane once for having one of those. I am not much of a jewelry guy anyway. I wear my wedding ring and sometimes a watch. Other than that, no thanks.

So, TSA allowed them all the way through?

Sparkyprep
05-02-2017, 07:48 PM

Yea. I don't wear any metal. No jewelry of any kind.

hawgrider
05-02-2017, 08:12 PM

Nope I don't even wear a wedding ring with my job. Too dangerous!

Sparkyprep
05-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Nope I don't even wear a wedding ring with my job. Too dangerous!

I wore my wedding ring on my wedding day. Took it off and put it in the jewelry box. It is still in there.

Gambit
05-02-2017, 08:18 PM
I have never do as well
I watched one of my sisters grab a bitch by her ears trying to rip out her earrings
she would done it to if her friends didn't break it up, ever see a 5'2 100 pounds at best beat the shit out of 140+pound porto ricain who try to be a bully big mouth?
she might not got the girl girls earring but she got respect and was left alone by the ghetto trash, and the chicka was never seen at high school again
that's why I don't get pricings, to easy to get ripped out in a fight

hawgrider
05-02-2017, 08:19 PM
I wore my wedding ring on my wedding day. Took it off and put it in the jewelry box. It is still in there.

Yup I work with 480V, 277V, 208V, 120V, air handlers, boilers etc. Jewelry is a injury waiting to happen.

hawgrider
05-02-2017, 08:25 PM
The switch gear in the power house is 13,200V that shit will make Mr winky pucker up throwing the switch to the alternate feed.

Inor
05-02-2017, 10:27 PM
So, TSA allowed them all the way through?

The TSA did, but the Air Marshal sure did not.

juskom95
05-03-2017, 07:52 AM
The TSA did, but the Air Marshal sure did not.

That is pretty funny right there. My regular office supplies would make better weapons than that bracelet.