PDA

View Full Version : Pets

Coppertop
07-21-2014, 09:40 PM
Squirrelbait and I talked about this yesterday but with the changeover it seems to be lost so I'll restart it.

What do your pets bring to your preps(other than fido tacos). I'm not talking about what you prep for your pets. I have a Border Collie that works cattle. She will be a big help to gather and guard the herd if things go down hill. She is pretty territorial with her yard and lets us know if anyone or anything is near. The GF has two S**t Zoos that will make good tacos after they keep her warm for a while.

machinejjh
07-21-2014, 10:26 PM
My cats will run and hide from every noise, no matter how small and imperceptible- when my 20 lb. monster tears off at leaf crackling 50 yards away, I'll know someone's coming. Other than that, a cat's normal look of disdain will drive me to complete almost any task.

Deebo
07-21-2014, 10:39 PM
My Diamond is only a "defenseive barker", anybody drives up, or GOD forbid, knocks on the door, she alerts by yapping and hauling buns under the couch.
Not much of lifesaving skill, Becouse I cant get her to "stop yapping" yet, Im working on it,
BUT, verynight when I get home, she is so HAPPY to see me, wagging her whole body, and making a crazy noise. I couldn't trade that for anything. Maybe tonight, I will video her, but I dont know, the MRS is here, and dont wanna wake the whole house up at 3 am making the dog whimper.

SquirrelBait
07-22-2014, 12:09 AM
Coppertop, With your permission, I would like to link this thread in my thread.

That said:

I think that my dog Spirit is the huntress. She has an excellent nose and the killer instinct. Bobo is the protector. He gets very fierce when someone intrudes on our personal space (Our personal space is about a hundred yards out, So you get the picture...). They are also very warm during the Winter. Both have run off and survived it, So I'm sure that they will do just fine when the brown hits the blades.

Coppertop
07-22-2014, 07:51 AM
[QUOTE=SquirrelBait;5446]Coppertop, With your permission, I would like to link this thread in my thread.

Squirrelbait- You have my permission henceforth to do as you see fit (on here anyhow)

jbravo
07-22-2014, 03:31 PM

Mostly they would bring companionship and protection. They protect my house well and black one is not very trusting of strangers. The pit barks a lot if your on the other side of the door, but she's never met a stranger once your in the house. And she absolutely loves kids.

HuntingHawk
07-22-2014, 04:03 PM
My rottweilers except for the old girl, cart. Each can pull 200lb loads. And have one cart with a double shaft. Using double shaft the dogs need to be within 1/2" of the same height.

Sparkyprep
07-22-2014, 05:16 PM
Two pits provide companionship, and protection for my children. Two cats keep population control on the vermin.

SquirrelBait
07-23-2014, 05:55 AM
Thank you! I've linked your thread into mine. Feel free to do the same. :D

SquirrelBait
07-23-2014, 05:59 AM
My Diamond is only a "defenseive barker", anybody drives up, or GOD forbid, knocks on the door, she alerts by yapping and hauling buns under the couch.
Not much of lifesaving skill, Becouse I cant get her to "stop yapping" yet, Im working on it,
BUT, verynight when I get home, she is so HAPPY to see me, wagging her whole body, and making a crazy noise. I couldn't trade that for anything. Maybe tonight, I will video her, but I dont know, the MRS is here, and dont wanna wake the whole house up at 3 am making the dog whimper.

Don't ask me why, But I have this mental picture of Diamond shinnying under the sofa with a bag of rolls... PREPPER DOG! XD

Deebo
07-23-2014, 08:43 PM
She might have some.
The carpet in the living room is the next to go bye bye, so I will find out, probably next week or so.