PDA

View Full Version : The Most Valued Jobs After The Collapse

hawgrider
05-11-2017, 09:42 AM
Let’s face it. Most people today can’t fix much of anything or do much of anything practical with their hands (other than work a smartphone). When some or much of today’s modern life conveniences are disrupted such that one’s lifestyle is forced to change, this will also create opportunity in the realm of that new lifestyle.
http://modernsurvivalblog.com/the-economy/the-most-valued-jobs-after-the-collapse/

rstanek
05-11-2017, 09:59 AM
I would like to think at my age I would still have something to offer, grew up on a farm with dairy cattle, pigs, chickens, have been working construction for over 40 years, started my own business at 55, I can hunt, have some military experience, no combat, fairly proficient in weapons, takes things apart and put them back together with no parts left over, most of the time....

hawgrider
05-11-2017, 10:02 AM
I would like to think at my age I would still have something to offer, grew up on a farm with dairy cattle, pigs, chickens, have been working construction for over 40 years, started my own business at 55, I can hunt, have some military experience, no combat, fairly proficient in weapons, takes things apart and put them back together with no parts left over, most of the time....

Yeah your going to be a pretty valuable person in the event of collapse.

Sparkyprep
05-11-2017, 10:16 AM
I am an outdoorsman, with plenty of knowledge about hunting, trapping, fishing, camping, and navigating. I am also a farmer. I can build just about anything, construction wise. I can operate machinery of any kind. I know how to cook.

Now, what i lack-
Tactical training, engine repair, metalurgy (forging tools, etc.), any advanced computer skills, and anything more than basic to intermediate first aid.

Sparkyprep
05-11-2017, 10:21 AM
So, im gonna need a doctor/nurse, a soldier or two, a mechanic, and a computer tech. Lol.

hawgrider
05-11-2017, 10:26 AM
I am an outdoorsman, with plenty of knowledge about hunting, trapping, fishing, camping, and navigating. I am also a farmer. I can build just about anything, construction wise. I can operate machinery of any kind. I know how to cook.

Now, what i lack-
Tactical training, engine repair, metalurgy (forging tools, etc.), any advanced computer skills, and anything more than basic to intermediate first aid.

Similar from me.

Jack of most trades master of none. But I know enough to be dangerous.

Unclefred
05-11-2017, 10:42 AM
It's pretty obvious that the illegal Mexicans will be the new overlords after the collapse. They do almost everything now.

Talon
05-11-2017, 05:35 PM
I think farmers will be in high demand.

hawgrider
05-11-2017, 05:43 PM
I think farmers will be in high demand.

And blacksmiths

Kfilly
05-11-2017, 07:38 PM
I did not see drug dealer, pimp, or prostitute on that list.

hawgrider
05-11-2017, 07:43 PM
I did not see drug dealer, pimp, or prostitute on that list.

Although... prostitution is said to be the oldest profession. Wonder being a Gigilo would pay?

Ricekila
05-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Remember -- dont make change --