PDA

View Full Version : Keylogger Found in Audio Driver of HP Laptops

juskom95
05-11-2017, 10:50 AM
The audio driver installed on some HP laptops includes a feature that could best be described as a keylogger, which records all the user's keystrokes and saves the information to a local file, accessible to anyone or any third-party software or malware that knows where to look.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/keylogger-found-in-audio-driver-of-hp-laptops/

There is a list of models further down in the article, but the chipset used (Conexant) may be in other manufacturers.

KnuteFartne
05-11-2017, 11:15 AM
I've heard of this. What has the world become? That's rhetorical.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

juskom95
05-11-2017, 11:25 AM
I've heard of this. What has the world become? That's rhetorical.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just laziness by the programmers it appears. We just got an HP contract in our environment too, thankfully the effected systems were only in testing and have been easy to round up. They did have the keylogger file and it was easy to read, so its there.

MI.oldguy
05-11-2017, 12:25 PM
Not really related but,A place I used to work used keylogger on everyone's pc.a gal I worked with in my dept.got fired by using her pc to find a new job.gotta watch what you do on the bosses system!.

juskom95
05-11-2017, 12:34 PM
gotta watch what you do on the bosses system!.

Yup, but it helps when you're one of the guys who manages the company system/network too . . .