PDA

View Full Version : 25 Survival Uses for Mylar Blankets

hawgrider
05-24-2017, 08:48 AM
If you’ve ever seen a list of emergency supplies on the Internet, odds are that one of the list items was Mylar blankets. These blankets can be found in almost any survival kit or bug out bag, and for good reason. They are small, weigh only a few ounces, retain 90% of your body heat, and have dozens of survival applications.

As I’ve said before, when packing a survival kit or bug out bag, you should focus on items that have multiple uses. To make sure you have everything you could possibly need, every bit of space needs to be maximized, and items that only serve one purpose take up space you can’t afford to lose. When folded up, Mylar blankets are only 3.5 by 4.5 inches. But when unfolded, they are 4 by 7 feet, which is plenty large enough to protect you from the elements.

If you aren’t convinced Mylar blankets are worth stockpiling, I think by the end of this article you’ll change your mind. They only cost a few dollars each, and some sites are giving them away for free.

So without further ado, let’s move on to the list. Here are 25 survival uses for a Mylar emergency blankets.
http://urbansurvivalsite.com/survival-uses-mylar-blankets/

BucketBack
05-24-2017, 09:18 AM
Mostly great ideas, but #25 gives me reason to worry

That Mylar Blankey may melt behind a wood stove

hawgrider
05-24-2017, 09:45 AM
Mostly great ideas, but #25 gives me reason to worry

That Mylar Blankey may melt behind a wood stove

Yes good point. Who ever thought that was a good idea really wasn't thinking that through. My cast iron stove gets pretty toasty!