PDA

View Full Version : So I want to show y'all somethin.

Arizona Infidel
07-25-2014, 09:50 PM

pheniox17
07-25-2014, 10:08 PM
You make it?? It looks quite nice

SquirrelBait
07-25-2014, 10:46 PM
*Whew!* Thought I was gonna have to step back for a moment there... Looks Norwegian?

Suspicious Package
07-25-2014, 10:57 PM
Excuse me while I whip this out...

Looks good man. Let's hear the details and specs.

Arizona Infidel
07-25-2014, 11:48 PM
He'll if I know. Some kind of "souvenir" my real dad( RIP) brought back from Nam. He'd given it to my aunt and uncle to give me, they put it away and came across it when they were moving about 20 years ago and gave it to me. So I doubt it's Norwegian.
I guess I should add some more. I think it's pretty old because he was in Nam in 65-66 or so and gave it to them around 68. Nothing has been done to it, so that is how it looked in the mid 60s. So it was well used THEN.

Deebo
07-26-2014, 01:21 AM
DAMN, that is a keepsafe. I know nothing about knife values, but I think its PRICELESS.

Inor
07-26-2014, 02:43 AM
Holy crap AI! That is beautiful! Plus with a good family legend to go with it, you have a family tradition there.

Now it is your responsibility to figure out how it descends your bloodline - the first son of every other generation or something like that. Tokens like that are what keep a bloodline alive and give our kids and grandkids something to live up to. Both Mrs Inor and my families are very "aware" of our family history and traditions. We added a few more to the mix. Although it did not happen until our kids got into their mid 20's, the family traditions really brought them closer to us.

Since we had two daughters, my name will die with me. But I have no doubt our kids will keep the Inor faith alive at least one or two more generations. It is a very calming realization.

Arklatex
07-26-2014, 07:47 AM
That is a beauty. I believe it is a Scandinavian blade as well.

Sparkyprep
07-26-2014, 07:56 AM
That is beautiful, and the story that comes with it makes it priceless. That is a keepsake and family heirloom for your great, great grandchildren. Cherish it always.

Arizona Infidel
07-26-2014, 02:19 PM
So google is your friend. Or more to the point, google images. After Ark and squirrel bait posted Scandinavian and Norwegian I went google imaging. It does look Norwegian. Congrats and thanx squirrel bait and Ark. Now I have a direction. How a French/ Blackfoot in south east Asia came up with a Norwegian knife I guess well never know.................

Infidel
07-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Are there any markings on it at all? If not it may be handmade, that would certainly explain how it ended up in SE Asia. Maybe RPD could shed some light of the knives used in SE Asia. It's definitely a beautiful knife and I agree it definitely looks like a Scandinavian design. It's a very interesting piece and I would love to hear it's history if you ever do manage to find any information as to how it was acquired. Maybe some old buddies of your father might have some clue as to how he obtained it? In any event even with no details it's still a beautiful family heirloom to be passed down through the generation, thanks for sharing.

-Infidel

1moretoy
07-26-2014, 08:50 PM

AI I'm sure glad your post didn't go where it sounded like it was going based on the thread title.:dirtyoldman::bounce:

Arizona Infidel
07-26-2014, 09:02 PM
Are there any markings on it at all? If not it may be handmade, that would certainly explain how it ended up in SE Asia. Maybe RPD could shed some light of the knives used in SE Asia. It's definitely a beautiful knife and I agree it definitely looks like a Scandinavian design. It's a very interesting piece and I would love to hear it's history if you ever do manage to find any information as to how it was acquired. Maybe some old buddies of your father might have some clue as to how he obtained it? In any event even with no details it's still a beautiful family heirloom to be passed down through the generation, thanks for sharing.

-Infidel
Yes, there are some markings. They are worn and pretty much not legible. I'll try to throw up a close up pic later.