PDA

View Full Version : Homesteading Primitive Water Purification Survival Skill

hawgrider
07-12-2017, 06:02 AM
https://thehomesteadsurvival.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Homesteading-Primitive-Water-Purification-Survival-Skill.jpg

This homesteading primitive water purification survival skill is essential to master and we are going to show you a few different ways to do it. https://thehomesteadsurvival.com/homesteading-primitive-water-purification-survival-skill/

Coastie dad
07-12-2017, 10:21 AM
And if you don't have a birch tree?

hawgrider
07-12-2017, 10:28 AM

Use a funnel? Use a paint filter ? Cut the toe out of your boot and use that?

TJC44
07-12-2017, 10:35 AM
Use a funnel? Use a paint filter ? Cut the toe out of your boot and use that?

:vomito:

TJC44
07-12-2017, 10:38 AM

Bamboo would work, I would think. I have found that stuff everywhere. I would think birch could be found in any hardwood.
Well, maybe not the desert, Sorry Inor & AZ.

Sparkyprep
07-12-2017, 05:13 PM
No birch here, that i know of.

Coastie dad
07-12-2017, 05:17 PM
Well, Hawg, if it would work with something other than birch, why didn't they say So? What if the birch bark is a critical chemical ingredient in making the water Safe? And if you knew what my boots were like after a day working, you'd know why I'm forced to put hazmat stickers on them.

hawgrider
07-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Well, Hawg, if it would work with something other than birch, why didn't they say So? What if the birch bark is a critical chemical ingredient in making the water Safe? And if you knew what my boots were like after a day working, you'd know why I'm forced to put hazmat stickers on them.

You sayin your boots stink?:biglaugh:

We have birch in Meatchicken.

Inor
07-12-2017, 06:00 PM
Bamboo would work, I would think. I have found that stuff everywhere. I would think birch could be found in any hardwood.
Well, maybe not the desert, Sorry Inor & AZ.

We have plenty of bamboo as well as mesquite around here. Plus 500+ feet of rock seems to purify the water pretty well already.

TJC44
07-12-2017, 06:13 PM
We have plenty of bamboo as well as mesquite around here. Plus 500+ feet of rock seems to purify the water pretty well already.

I would have thought that bamboo would prefer alot more humidity to grow.

Inor
07-12-2017, 11:20 PM
I would have thought that bamboo would prefer alot more humidity to grow.

It is not native. But a lot of folks grow it here for a privacy barrier. It is invasive as hell, so I do not think we will be growing any. But there is quite a bit of it here. I think we will be going with mesquite and a couple species of pine that do well in desert for privacy. (We have mesquite up the wazoo on the back half of our property.)

Sasquatch
07-13-2017, 01:09 AM
PVC pipe works as well. Not if you're lost in the woods but in a shtf situation if you have some around the house or can find some filters can be made with that.

Coastie dad
07-13-2017, 01:47 AM
If I'm at home I have gravity filters stocked up. And a friend of mine is ready to build our own water distillation system.
Out of copper.
In the cave a few hundred yards behind my house.

OPSEC, you know....