PDA

View Full Version : Another foreigner :)

ScaryRussian
07-13-2017, 03:43 PM
Hi people, dropping by from PF, invited by the sweet @Hawgrider :)

Walter Tyler
07-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Zdravstvuyte and Aloha from Saint Louis

hawgrider
07-13-2017, 03:49 PM

Well looky here we have us a real Russian who likes a little Vodka now and then. Glad you found your way here.
Welcome to the Island of misfit toys. Grab a chair and sit a spell glad to have you.

ScaryRussian
07-13-2017, 03:54 PM
Zdravstvuyte and Aloha from Saint Louis

Ahhhh!!! Wow! Zdravstvuite dorogoi chelovek! Thanks for getting the pronounciation right, almost took my breath away.

ScaryRussian
07-13-2017, 03:55 PM
Well looky here we have us a real Russian who likes a little Vodka now and then. Glad you found your way here.
Welcome to the Island of misfit toys. Grab a chair and sit a spell glad to have you.

You're too funny :)

ScaryRussian
07-13-2017, 04:01 PM
Ok I'm a 41 year-old Siberian with Russian, Ukrainian and Mongolian thrown in. When people ask me where I'm from, I just say Soviet Union, too much to explain.

I'm a big joker and laugh at everything, especially myself. I don't drink that much but I enjoy life to the fullest. When you see me suddenly writing in incorrect English, this means I might be sipping something strong so please be patient.

Thanks so much for the welcome.

hawgrider
07-13-2017, 04:01 PM
You're too funny :)

I'm really just an old crabass but with a twisted sense of humor.:beerchug:

Big Ken
07-13-2017, 04:06 PM
Привет и добро

ScaryRussian
07-13-2017, 04:08 PM
Привет и добро

Wow! "Hi" in Russian and "good" in Ukrainian :) You guys are so sweet! Thanks for the welcome.

Gambit
07-13-2017, 05:09 PM
http://favoritememes.com/_nw/21/19335341.jpg

KnuteFartne
07-13-2017, 05:24 PM
With a profile name like Scary Russian I know you're good peopuple. Welcome!

You may know some of my relatives from your neck of the woods Almasty.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hawgrider
07-13-2017, 07:47 PM
So the hawg has been known to dabble in liquid potatoes on occasion mostly as a mixer but in recent years I will sip on some better vodka's straight up. What are some good... but blue collar worker affordable vodka's that are good enough to sip on straight up?
What do you recommend?

ScaryRussian
07-13-2017, 08:30 PM
With a profile name like Scary Russian I know you're good peopuple. Welcome!

You may know some of my relatives from your neck of the woods Almasty.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you for the welcome. Almasty?
You mean Almaty or Alma-Ata, Kazakhstan?

ScaryRussian
07-13-2017, 08:32 PM
So the hawg has been known to dabble in liquid potatoes on occasion mostly as a mixer but in recent years I will sip on some better vodka's straight up. What are some good... but blue collar worker affordable vodka's that are good enough to sip on straight up?
What do you recommend?

Honestly? None at the moment, it has to be home-made. So many amazing potato vodka companies have switched to wheat because wheat is always cheaper, not worth my time any more.

ScaryRussian
07-13-2017, 08:33 PM
So, I noticed the forums locked, so it's all private until you log in, correct?

ScaryRussian
07-13-2017, 08:51 PM
Tried this one tonight, it's nice!

Coastie dad
07-13-2017, 09:03 PM
All those years spent being told the Rooskies were the bad guys....Hell, we even had targets with Ivan's uniforms on them. Now we sit around and visit like long lost cousins.

At least there's been one positive change in society.

Welcome, buddy. You are now going to see the bright side of the dark side.

ScaryRussian
07-13-2017, 09:12 PM
All those years spent being told the Rooskies were the bad guys....Hell, we even had targets with Ivan's uniforms on them. Now we sit around and visit like long lost cousins.

At least there's been one positive change in society.

Welcome, buddy. You are now going to see the bright side of the dark side.

Aww thank you and nice to see you here :)
We had targets with Nazi uniform, never American, too poor to switch targets.. also, we always liked Americans, at least that's what the men in my family say.
I only remember a few years before communism fell, the disaster during and afterwards.

Unclefred
07-13-2017, 09:13 PM
http://www.hostpic.org/images/1707140742120085.jpg (http://www.hostpic.org/view.php?filename=1707140742120085.jpg)

OSFG
07-13-2017, 09:14 PM
Hey Welcome...Russian women welcome, russian men cautiously accepted. Russian Politicians can go play in a the kiddie kids sand box with our politicians.... Ours don't bite, but they'll call you names.,

ScaryRussian
07-13-2017, 09:15 PM
hahaha @ unclefred

ScaryRussian
07-13-2017, 09:17 PM
Hey Welcome...Russian women welcome, russian men cautiously accepted. Russian Politicians can go play in a the kiddie kids sand box with our politicians.... Ours don't bite, but they'll call you names.,

Thanks, nice to see you here, OSFG :)
So glad that Russian women are welcome without caution haha

Inor
07-13-2017, 10:39 PM
Hello from the free Republic of Arizona. I too escaped communism. In my case it was Minnesota.

azrancher
07-13-2017, 10:47 PM
Hello from the free Republic of Arizona. I too escaped communism. In my case it was Minnesota.You escaped Minnesota, but you brought the rain with you, it was all over your new house this afternoon.

Rancher

Inor
07-13-2017, 10:56 PM
You escaped Minnesota, but you brought the rain with you, it was all over your new house this afternoon.

Rancher

We got barely a 1/10". We've been at the build house since yesterday afternoon. We are getting a little bit right now but barely enough to wet the concrete.

I'm telling ya, I LOVE the monsoons! It may be 98 degrees, but a monsoon moves through and it is 68 within 10 minutes! WOO HOO!!!

A Watchman
07-13-2017, 11:11 PM
Glad your here .... but you behave now, you hear? Or not! :beerchug:

A Watchman
07-13-2017, 11:14 PM

OK, I call BS ..... not sure who is sucking up to whom here, but I'm gonna be watching you two!

hawgrider
07-14-2017, 04:25 AM
OK, I call BS ..... not sure who is sucking up to whom here, but I'm gonna be watching you two!

Clearly she can't be referring to me. Sweet? Thats a stretch.:shocked:

hawgrider
07-14-2017, 05:13 AM
hahaha @ unclefred

FYI the @ function is not enabled here on this site.
It must be a hack for V Bulletin that we don't have or use. So basically if we want somebodys attention we just hit them over the head with a hammer.

hawgrider
07-14-2017, 05:53 AM
So, I noticed the forums locked, so it's all private until you log in, correct?

Only certain sections should be locked. Like the General, Pottymouth, Douchebag rants and the refugee forums.
To many spys and lurkers were getting a free ride without registering to become members.

Wow your right just checked while logged of and the whole damn forum is locked?????

I wonder if it has to do with the new firewall we have ?

Ill look into it.

Edited: All is well and set up like it should be.

ScaryRussian
07-14-2017, 06:16 AM
Hello from the free Republic of Arizona. I too escaped communism. In my case it was Minnesota.

Thank you :)
I still need to visit Minesota, I hear Winter is the best time to go.

ScaryRussian
07-14-2017, 06:17 AM
Glad your here .... but you behave now, you hear? Or not! :beerchug:

Thank you :) I always behave

ScaryRussian
07-14-2017, 06:18 AM
Only certain sections should be locked. Like the General, Pottymouth, Douchebag rants and the refugee forums.
To many spys and lurkers were getting a free ride without registering to become members.

Wow your right just checked while logged of and the whole damn forum is locked?????

Ill look into it.

Don't change anything, it's perfect!

hawgrider
07-14-2017, 06:42 AM

Ill look into it.

Ok false alarm its too damn early... so here is the deal everything thing is as it should be. Yes the forum is locked to all guests so that they cannot post as a guest.

But... as a guest they can click on most of the forums and read the content they just cannot post. So all is well.

The forums thats guests cannot see at all are the Potty mouth, General, Douchebag Rants, The Clubhouse, VIP members and the refugee private forums.

TJC44
07-14-2017, 08:57 AM
Clearly she can't be referring to me. Sweet? Thats a stretch.:shocked:
Is she trying to get her first medal?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

ScaryRussian
07-14-2017, 08:59 AM

What do these medals mean anyway?

hawgrider
07-14-2017, 09:10 AM

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Go ahead and give her the first medal give her the" interactor" medal for "good forum interaction" and practice your mod skills.
don't forget put the check in the box so when the medal is issued she gets the pm of the achievement.

hawgrider
07-14-2017, 09:13 AM
What do these medals mean anyway? They are fun little achievements that we award to members for various reasons. Hover your mouse pointer over someones medals and you can see what they are. Then click the medals and it will take you to the users ranks page and show you why they got the medals.

TJC44
07-14-2017, 09:27 AM
Go ahead and give her the first medal give her the" interactor" medal for "good forum interaction" and practice your mod skills.
don't forget put the check in the box so when the medal is issued she gets the pm of the achievement.

I was thinking of the ass kisser medal, for calling you sweet.
Now Im thinking maybe YOU should get that.

hawgrider
07-14-2017, 09:32 AM
I was thinking of the ass kisser medal, for calling you sweet.
Now Im thinking maybe YOU should get that.

We have the "brown nose" medal.... in fact you just earned it LMAO!!!!!!!!

ScaryRussian
07-14-2017, 09:40 AM
They are fun little achievements that we award to members for various reasons. Hover your mouse pointer over someones medals and you can see what they are. Then click the medals and it will take you to the users ranks page and show you why they got the medals.

That's interesting, thanks for the info, Hawg :)

hawgrider
07-14-2017, 09:41 AM
Woo hoo!!!!! Ive been made whole once again and went from "sweet" to A "Dick head" Hell yes I just received the dick head medal from TJC44

Thanks Ive been wanting that one for a while now LOL!

hawgrider
07-14-2017, 09:44 AM
That's interesting, thanks for the info, Hawg :)If TJC44 doesn't get off his lazy ass soon and give you the first medal I'll give it to you.

TJC44
07-14-2017, 09:49 AM
If TJC44 doesn't get off his lazy ass soon and give you the first medal I'll give it to you.

You've been up and had coffee already. I'm trying to type & navigate with 1 hand while the other feeds me coffee!

hawgrider
07-14-2017, 09:51 AM
You've been up and had coffee already. I'm trying to type & navigate with 1 hand while the other feeds me coffee!

Its almost 11am WTF!

I've been up since 4:30am:shocked:

TJC44
07-14-2017, 09:55 AM
Its almost 11am WTF!

I've been up since 4:30am:shocked:

The life of the unemployed!

MI.oldguy
07-14-2017, 09:57 AM
Добро пожаловать на борт из Мичигана................
Рад видеть вас здесь. :bounce:

TJC44
07-14-2017, 09:57 AM
Scary Russian,

I apologize. I hijacked (with Hawg's help) your Intro thread without saying Hi

Welcome to the Wild West from the Communist State of Connecticut.

TJC

ScaryRussian
07-14-2017, 10:08 AM
Добро пожаловать на борт из Мичигана................
Рад видеть вас здесь. :bounce:

You guys give the best welcome, thank you for this, especially diving into Google translate, so nice :)

Большое спасибо, целую :)

hawgrider
07-14-2017, 10:08 AM
Scary Russian,

TJC

Its what we do best around here is hijack threads its the norm!:p

ScaryRussian
07-14-2017, 10:09 AM
Scary Russian,

TJC

No need to apologize, thanks so much :)
You guys are funny to read

hawgrider
07-14-2017, 10:10 AM
You guys give the best welcome, thank you for this, especially diving into Google translate, so nice :)

These guys speaking that funny language are all Russians:bounce:

MI.oldguy
07-14-2017, 10:12 AM

Your welcome,at least you can let your hair down and pretty much run wild here.

ScaryRussian
07-14-2017, 10:13 AM
Your welcome,at least you can let your hair down and pretty much run wild here.

Wooo hooo!!
..... and it's Friday!!! lol

TJC44
07-14-2017, 10:13 AM

Da!

That's the extent of my Russian.

ScaryRussian
07-14-2017, 10:14 AM

Yes, I guess my language is funny :)
Poor American expats in Russia are still ripping their hair out after trying to speak Russian for 3-5 years, vodka helps.

rice paddy daddy
07-14-2017, 10:15 AM
A warm welcome, old friend!
Glad you could make it. I think you'll enjoy it here.

ScaryRussian
07-14-2017, 10:16 AM
Da!

That's the extent of my Russian.

Да! = Yes! is a very powerful word, also try Нет! (Niet) = No!

ScaryRussian
07-14-2017, 10:17 AM
A warm welcome, old friend!
Glad you could make it. I think you'll enjoy it here.

Awww thank you! :) Great to see you

TJC44
07-14-2017, 10:19 AM
Yes, I guess my language is funny :)
Poor American expats in Russia are still ripping their hair out after trying to speak Russian for 3-5 years, vodka helps.

I used to work with a lady that was Russian (Black Sea area, I think??). Anyway I would hear her talking on the phone to someone in Russian and wondered how she could talk so fast. Maybe it was because I couldn't understand it. There are some Americans like that too.

ScaryRussian
07-14-2017, 10:25 AM
Fast talkers are universal :)

I used to work with a lady that was Russian (Black Sea area, I think??). Anyway I would hear her talking on the phone to someone in Russian and wondered how she could talk so fast. Maybe it was because I couldn't understand it. There are some Americans like that too.