PDA

View Full Version : bees

pheniox17
07-26-2014, 02:44 AM
Just seen on the idiot box, that the USA bee population is so low Australia is exporting bees to help improve population numbers, this is just worth bringing to the attention of the community :p

pheniox17
07-26-2014, 02:53 AM
Its kinda scary on the population of honey bees, but that's a environmental issue, pollution and greeny crap

Arklatex
07-26-2014, 10:28 AM
There's some kind of a sickness going through the bee population in North America. Have yall noticed how expensive honey has gotten in the last few years? Lucky for me there are lots of folks in my area who raise them and sell the raw honey. That's the good stuff! One of these days I'm gonna try to build myself an apiary. Lots of money to be made with it. Not to mention the honey literally keeps forever. And you can make mead with it..

Imaexpat2
07-26-2014, 11:22 AM
One of my Family members keeps honey bees and he has been fighting an up hill battle with his hives for several years trying to keep them going. One thing for sure, the Hornet, Wasp population has been thriving the last couple of seasons!!!

RWalls
07-26-2014, 11:59 AM
Around these parts it's the black bears that destroy the bee hives. I lost all of mine last year.

Arizona Infidel
07-26-2014, 04:07 PM
One of my Family members keeps honey bees and he has been fighting an up hill battle with his hives for several years trying to keep them going. One thing for sure, the Hornet, Wasp population has been thriving the last couple of seasons!!!
Does he have any idea what has been going on?

Arizona Infidel
07-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Just seen on the idiot box, that the USA bee population is so low Australia is exporting bees to help improve population numbers, this is just worth bringing to the attention of the community :p
There has been an issue with the bees for a couple years now. I wonder if it is something that is connected to the crap they are spraying into our atmosphere with the chemtrails. This would be a good subject for tinfoil hat forum. I don't give a rats ass what you say, things are changing but it isn't due to global warming or climate change or any of that happy horseshit. I've been noticing an odd change in our monsoons over the last few years. Used to be it would be beautiful sunny in the morning, get cloudy with boomers building in early afternoon, Tstorms in late afternoon evening and overnight, but then it would clear out and by morning it would all start over again. Now we get a lot of days where it is still cloudy the next day and sometimes the boomers don't get built up. Climate change? I bet it is. Man made? I'm thinking maybe. Being caused by our everyday lives? Nah. I ain't buyin that hysterical insanity. Weather manipulation? ding ding ding ding. I think we may have a winner. I fully believe the govt. Is conducting weather manipulation experiments.

Baglady
07-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Well, thank you Australia. Our bee population is suffering, one reason might have to do with them losing a lot of their natural habitat, due to cutting so many hardwood trees..(?)

pheniox17
07-26-2014, 07:08 PM
There has been an issue with the bees for a couple years now. I wonder if it is something that is connected to the crap they are spraying into our atmosphere with the chemtrails. This would be a good subject for tinfoil hat forum. I don't give a rats ass what you say, things are changing but it isn't due to global warming or climate change or any of that happy horseshit. I've been noticing an odd change in our monsoons over the last few years. Used to be it would be beautiful sunny in the morning, get cloudy with boomers building in early afternoon, Tstorms in late afternoon evening and overnight, but then it would clear out and by morning it would all start over again. Now we get a lot of days where it is still cloudy the next day and sometimes the boomers don't get built up. Climate change? I bet it is. Man made? I'm thinking maybe. Being caused by our everyday lives? Nah. I ain't buyin that hysterical insanity. Weather manipulation? ding ding ding ding. I think we may have a winner. I fully believe the govt. Is conducting weather manipulation experiments.

Don't agree with the core of Chen trail conspiracy, but weather manipulation, well they successfully created a man made storm somewhere in oz by "seeding" clouds

But back to bees, getting then from the southern hemisphere instead of somewhere like the UK or Europe (where it would be cheaper) asks more questions

Imaexpat2
07-26-2014, 08:55 PM
Does he have any idea what has been going on?

He has only been at it for about 3-4 years and some of the losses can be attributed to Noob Mistakes or not having the experience to catch a lot of maladys before they reach epic proportions, when things would still be relatively salvageable. He has a few theories on the big picture of things though, some I find to be quiet plausible and not so far fetched of an explanation.

Arizona Infidel
07-26-2014, 09:11 PM
He has only been at it for about 3-4 years and some of the losses can be attributed to Noob Mistakes or not having the experience to catch a lot of maladys before they reach epic proportions, when things would still be relatively salvageable. He has a few theories on the big picture of things though, some I find to be quiet plausible and not so far fetched of an explanation.
When you say far fetched, are you referring to my theory?:shocked:

1moretoy
07-26-2014, 09:19 PM
They used to say that local honey was good for allergy sufferers due to the local pollination. But not sure that happens anymore.

Arizona Infidel
07-26-2014, 09:22 PM
They used to say that local honey was good for allergy sufferers due to the local pollination. But not sure that happens anymore.
Till someone realized it was :bs:
People are allergic to things that have nothing to do with bees pollinating them like trees and grass and whatnot.

Imaexpat2
07-27-2014, 02:43 AM
When you say far fetched, are you referring to my theory?:shocked:

He leans more towards the seeds that are coated with a systemic pesticide coating on them that are used widely by commercial produce growers that makes them resistant to predation by bugs. This in conjunction with a couple of virus's that seem to be pretty common in a lot of hives these days that once weren't quite so common as they are today. He is of the opinion that the pesticide, if it doesn't kill them makes them inheriently weak to virus's that often kill bees and when the two are combined its kind of a 1-2 punch to a hive and wipes it out or seriously effects the hives ability to sustain itself and significantly reduces production. Of course there are a lot of theories out there as to the whys and all of them are difficult to prove as a smoking gun. Just passing along his opinion...

Arklatex
07-27-2014, 07:35 AM

I've heard about these Chem trails before. I think it was proven that they were doing this but it was years ago. I'm gonna try a little research after work. Arizona, you should start a thread on this. If true I would think it affects a lot more than just bees..

Arklatex
07-27-2014, 07:36 AM
He leans more towards the seeds that are coated with a systemic pesticide coating on them that are used widely by commercial produce growers that makes them resistant to predation by bugs. This in conjunction with a couple of virus's that seem to be pretty common in a lot of hives these days that once weren't quite so common as they are today. He is of the opinion that the pesticide, if it doesn't kill them makes them inheriently weak to virus's that often kill bees and when the two are combined its kind of a 1-2 punch to a hive and wipes it out or seriously effects the hives ability to sustain itself and significantly reduces production. Of course there are a lot of theories out there as to the whys and all of them are difficult to prove as a smoking gun. Just passing along his opinion...

Makes sense.

Arizona Infidel
07-27-2014, 09:38 AM
What about GMOs.

Imaexpat2
07-27-2014, 05:37 PM
That too could very well be an issue but I personally think the systemic pesticide coating that's on a lot of seeds used in commercial production and to a lesser extent by urban gardeners is a more palusable theory given the way that, that stuff works. I tend to thing its a combination of things though and not just one particular issue.