PDA

View Full Version : What to do with those extra onions

Broncosfan
07-24-2017, 07:10 AM
Dehydrated onions over the weekend. Wanted to use up the smaller ones. It takes approx 2 1/2 lbs to make one pint jar of dehydrated onion flakes. 3683. After vacuum sealing they last a long time.

hawgrider
07-24-2017, 07:25 AM
Excellent work! Great Idea!

Deebo
07-24-2017, 12:04 PM
UGh, we have no extra anything right now. Our tomataoes have a million yellow flowers on them, but only about twenty toms so far.
The small superhot peppers, produced about ten peppers, I picked them and ate them, now there are lots of flowers, and only a few peppers.
The green chile plants have produced about six chiles.
Hoping all these flowers turn out.
I would pay shipping and handling, or trade for DEEBOS famous jerky, for some onions, or cheese, or anything....

Broncosfan
07-25-2017, 07:09 AM
Just finished making some smoked onion spice. I think it will be a nice addition to my homemade spices. After smoking and then dehydrating I ended up with 2 pints of smoked flakes. After grinding I got a little over half a pint of smoked onion spice. A lot of work but in the end it worth it. You sure can't get it any fresher than that at any store.

hawgrider
07-25-2017, 07:19 AM
Just finished making some smoked onion spice. I think it will be a nice addition to my homemade spices. After smoking and then dehydrating I ended up with 2 pints of smoked flakes. After grinding I got a little over half a pint of smoked onion spice. A lot of work but in the end it worth it. You sure can't get it any fresher than that at any store.

Onion powder is always a good thing.

Soon I will be sending you some dehydrated wild leeks for you to grind up and make some wild leek powder. If you like regular onion powder you will love the rare treat of wild leeks from RubberDucks farmland/hunting grounds in mid Mi.