PDA

View Full Version : Colt Python

Big Ken
07-26-2017, 08:47 PM
Not sure if it's " Smokin " or not but......

Not mine, the seller is registered so should be legit.

$1750

IT COMES WITH BOX, PAPERS AND SCREWDRIVER. GRIPS ARE PERFECT

https://www.armslist.com/posts/7119975/grand-rapids-michigan-handguns-for-sale--colt-python-high-condition-w-box-papers

Big Ken
07-26-2017, 10:16 PM
Flagged as scam already, first time I've seen one flagged when the seller was registered, oh well.

Innkeeper
07-27-2017, 09:18 PM
I had one like that when I was stationed at Ft Hood back in the mid 80's I miss that firearm.

:ughh:

Big Ken
07-28-2017, 09:18 AM
I had one like that when I was stationed at Ft Hood back in the mid 80's I miss that firearm.

:ughh:

I have a couple Colts but no high dollar revolvers, don't know how many times I passed on them years ago at gun shows for $300 and $400, one day I come across one.

shootbrownelk
07-28-2017, 10:10 AM
As close as I can come to a Python or Anaconda is with my 6" Colt DiamondBack 95%+ condition with the box it came in. I am always amazed at even how much people are asking for the DiamondBacks these days.

Innkeeper
07-28-2017, 10:29 AM
I have a couple Colts but no high dollar revolvers, don't know how many times I passed on them years ago at gun shows for $300 and $400, one day I come across one.

I can say I don't own any colts at this time, S&W, Ruger, even Springfield and Kimber for the American makers, Glock and Sig. Did Colt finally get out of their money problems they were having a couple years ago?

Innkeeper
07-28-2017, 10:30 AM
As close as I can come to a Python or Anaconda is with my 6" Colt DiamondBack 95%+ condition with the box it came in. I am always amazed at even how much people are asking for the DiamondBacks these days.

People think just because it says Colt it should be worth a lot, even when it is not in that great a condition. Some days it baffles me. Honestly Colt should remake those models again.

shootbrownelk
07-28-2017, 03:54 PM
If they took as much care reproducing the Colt double actions of yore today, what with the polishing, deep bluing and hand fitment what do you figure they'd sell for? Plus, the old craftsmen/gunsmiths are long gone. Today, firearm companies are all about cranking out their product to the public at breakneck speed to maximize profits....attention to detail/fit/finish be damned. It's a different world.

Innkeeper
07-28-2017, 10:35 PM
True, but Colt make their SA Army still and they are some beautiful and well made guns, I sold several to Cowboy Action shooters here, and even ordered in a few more for other guys, if they can ut care into those they could do the same with their DA revolvers.

Slippy
07-29-2017, 07:00 AM
Yooowwwzzzaaa!

shootbrownelk
07-29-2017, 08:00 AM
True, but Colt make their SA Army still and they are some beautiful and well made guns, I sold several to Cowboy Action shooters here, and even ordered in a few more for other guys, if they can ut care into those they could do the same with their DA revolvers.

What is Colt getting for their SA revolvers? We're talking about Colt double actions...I don't see the bottom falling out of the Colt snake series guns anytime soon. Even the "New" Cobra is pretty expensive, and fit/finish isn't on a par with what the old ones had.

Innkeeper
07-30-2017, 11:28 AM
What is Colt getting for their SA revolvers? We're talking about Colt double actions...I don't see the bottom falling out of the Colt snake series guns anytime soon. Even the "New" Cobra is pretty expensive, and fit/finish isn't on a par with what the old ones had.

MSRP is like 1799-2000, I think we were selling them from like 1500 and up all depended on the model and such. It is kind of sad when companies take a product they make which is a good seller and just stop making them, and Colt is not the only company to do stupid things like this, and then they wonder why their company goes downhill.

shootbrownelk
07-30-2017, 04:41 PM
MSRP is like 1799-2000, I think we were selling them from like 1500 and up all depended on the model and such. It is kind of sad when companies take a product they make which is a good seller and just stop making them, and Colt is not the only company to do stupid things like this, and then they wonder why their company goes downhill.

Actually, Colt's money problems came after they decided to forego the general public and their wants, for the lucrative GOVERNMENT contracts......all was well for a time. Then they lost their contract and were left sitting with their collective thumbs up their butt. Just now getting back in the game with the citizens...I for one wish them well. And Freedom Arms makes a single action that puts the Colt SAA to shame in every area except the name. JMO

Innkeeper
07-30-2017, 10:20 PM
Actually, Colt's money problems came after they decided to forego the general public and their wants, for the lucrative GOVERNMENT contracts......all was well for a time. Then they lost their contract and were left sitting with their collective thumbs up their butt. Just now getting back in the game with the citizens...I for one wish them well. And Freedom Arms makes a single action that puts the Colt SAA to shame in every area except the name. JMO

I agree with you 100% about colt and their preference to Gov't contracts. We used to discuss that while enjoying all the new guns at work. I agree on the Freedom Arms as well, and Ruger makes some really nice Cowboy single actions too. I also like the New Dan Wesson DA's coming out, but a high price point.....which is a drawback.

shootbrownelk
07-31-2017, 04:08 AM
I agree with you 100% about colt and their preference to Gov't contracts. We used to discuss that while enjoying all the new guns at work. I agree on the Freedom Arms as well, and Ruger makes some really nice Cowboy single actions too. I also like the New Dan Wesson DA's coming out, but a high price point.....which is a drawback.
What's the price tag on the Dan Wessons Innkeeper? Any idea? I've only handled one...many years ago...I should have bought it. They have always perked my interest.

Innkeeper
07-31-2017, 10:57 AM
What's the price tag on the Dan Wessons Innkeeper? Any idea? I've only handled one...many years ago...I should have bought it. They have always perked my interest.

I have not sold guns in about 18 months so I may be out of price if I remember we sold them for about 13-1400 for just the revolver itself 4" or 6" they had a Pistol Pack which Included both 4,6 and 8" barrels for the revolver MSRP was like 2-2100 but we had none in our inventory so I am not sure what we would have sold them for, we usually sell way under msrp just depends on the deal our Buyer got for them. Dan Wesson was bought by CZ the revolvers felt well in the hand and seemed very well made I sold one, but not to anyone I knew so no chance to get to play with it. I was lucky and knew many of my customers so a chance to test things I did not own and had sold them happened from time to time. Like the Desert Eagle 1911's and quite a few weapons in the HK inventory, I had a regular who bought one like every other month or so and I got to go shooting with him a few times.