PDA

View Full Version : ebola

pheniox17
07-28-2014, 07:33 AM
Africa has on the verge of a outbreak

http://ausprep.com/thread/735/ebola

(Easier to post the ausprep link for history/tracking)

http://mobile.news.com.au/world/the-arrival-of-an-ebolainfected-air-passenger-in-nigeria-has-airlines-and-airports-scrambling-to-respond-around-the-world/story-fndir2ev-1227004137380

The latest, i know the numbers are bs but freash eyes cant hurt

Arklatex
07-28-2014, 09:53 AM
It is spreading. A link I saw yesterday: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2707141/Texas-doctor-moved-Africa-help-ebola-patients-contracted-disease-spread-Nigeria-infected-businessman-boarded-plane.html#ixzz38gUhUHgr%20

Arklatex
07-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Oops. I think that link was pretty much the same but from a different source.

TJC44
07-29-2014, 04:46 PM
Fox news is carrying it also. 650+ dead, the carrier flew through 4 countries while sick, before he died. No telling how many he infected on those flights.

pheniox17
07-29-2014, 07:25 PM
Never trust numbers even more so when it comes to Africa :)

Its now a pandemic, last numbers (when it was declared a pandemic) 1100 reported cases 600 dead (don't quite quote me but around those numbers)

Those are too small numbers to be closing boarders, declaring quarantine, and making world attention (more people die of aids over there)

So the problem is a lot worse than the UN want us to buy

Arklatex
07-29-2014, 07:47 PM
Never trust numbers even more so when it comes to Africa :)

Its now a pandemic, last numbers (when it was declared a pandemic) 1100 reported cases 600 dead (don't quite quote me but around those numbers)

Those are too small numbers to be closing boarders, declaring quarantine, and making world attention (more people die of aids over there)

So the problem is a lot worse than the UN want us to buy

Those are only the reported numbers. I have a feeling that the infection rate is much higher. . I hope I'm wrong.

pheniox17
07-29-2014, 07:54 PM
Those are publicly released numbers

Arklatex
07-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Enjoy your Malaysia Airlines flight. Now with a free side of internal hemorrhaging!

Nightshade
07-29-2014, 09:10 PM
ebola is not spread by air. it is spread by bodily fluids. clean your hands with disinfectant for at least 30 seconds. personally i am a germophobe. a good idea is to carry liquid disinfectant and use on hands and face if you are on a plane. every time i am in public i make a conscience point to wash my hands and face when i get home. people are dirty..

Sarge7402
08-08-2014, 08:10 AM
Ebola's spread to US is 'inevitable' says CDC chief (http://news.yahoo.com/ebolas-spread-us-inevitable-says-cdc-chief-205903838.html)

I guess now we should start to worry. CDC says spread to US is inevitable.

Or should I disregard this as not coming from a credable source?

pheniox17
08-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Ebola's spread to US is 'inevitable' says CDC chief (http://news.yahoo.com/ebolas-spread-us-inevitable-says-cdc-chief-205903838.html)

I guess now we should start to worry. CDC says spread to US is inevitable.

Or should I disregard this as not coming from a credable source?

I don't care how credible it is, you have to be blind to think that its got no chance of making it to the USA :(

Sarge7402
08-08-2014, 09:54 AM
sorry Phnx. forgot what site I was on. On another site - which we won't name - a couple of folks have classified me as hysterical with regards to my concerns re Ebola.

Pauls
08-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Read it again. The CDC is not saying that a pandemic is inevitable, they are saying that it is inevitable that cases will be reported.
They go on to say that the common practices here in the states will be better protection than the common practices in third world countries.

Or you can read what you want into the press release and begin taking bleach baths to keep yourself safe - well safe from Ebola - I don't think dead people can catch it.

Sarge7402
08-08-2014, 02:47 PM
Paul: Bleach baths aren't what work to stop the spread. Isolation from the sources are what work. That's what stopped the black plague in the middle ages. For Preppers it means having right at 45 days ability to survive without direct contact with other's - direct family members excepted -. When the first cases develop - and as sure as god made little green apples they will - it may just be too late to stock up and or bug out.

You and a lot of others have a great deal of faith in our Medical Professionals. Me? I don't. I've seen too many times in my own personal experiences where they - the medical professionals - got the treatment totally screwed up. And remember these are the same government doctor types that have given us the current VA medical scandal. Hell the just let those folks die without even treating them.

But hey, you could be right and I really hope for all our sakes that you are. But I'm not planning on that.

And really shouldn't you also be preparing for the worst?

Pauls
08-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Sarge,
I guess I can afford to be less concerned about it. Staying away from crowds of people is easy where I am and yes, we could go for 45 days without going outside, but I would have to tie my wife down to keep her from going crazy.

Sarge7402
08-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Same here, but for folks like shotlady who live in a big urban area, and others they may not have that luxury. And it's for them that ought to be making plans now not when the cases crop up.

Just remember, there is a provision - don't know if it's law or exec order that allows for a quarentine of an entire area - ie no movement. And if that occurs it will get real tense and desperate real fast

pheniox17
08-08-2014, 07:03 PM
45 days?? Your looking at 3 months after it becomes a pandemic minimal

Unless you get the bug and survive (it is possible, and our survival rates may be a little higher than 10%

This one is a threat, the "odds" we will see it getting into our countries as a pandemic is low, but I said the same with Obama gettind a 2nd term and gillard getting a 2nd term... They both did...

Its still be aware not alarmed category, but its risen my alert level up a point, (still in green, but just before yellow, only because they purposely introduced a infected man into the USA for treatment...

Sarge7402
08-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Jeff Cooper used to say if you're living in the real world you better be in condition yellow every waking hour. You never know when the crap is going to self elevate itself into the rotating oscilator

pheniox17
08-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Living in yellow alert might as well be living in fear...

Best to just cruse around in green, but have the ability to go straight to red when something goes wrong ;)

Another article to digest... Africa getting more messed up by the min

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/24668764/who-declares-ebola-epidemic-a-global-emergency/