PDA

View Full Version : Eye Protection and Shooting Glasses Review

Big Ken
09-03-2017, 09:22 PM
Over 25 types of eyewear were tested, from $6 eye protection made in China to $220 high-end sunglasses made in the USA.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/eye-protection-shooting-glasses-review/

Innkeeper
09-04-2017, 11:04 AM
I use the Oakley Ballistic M Frame he said he could not get ahold of, They were issued to me and have lasted for years with nothing but simple replacement of lenses over the years.

Sparkyprep
09-04-2017, 08:20 PM
I stick with cheap, polarized fishing glasses. Berkely, Spiderwire, etc. I'm just too rough on glasses to spend $$$$$$ on good glasses.

Innkeeper
09-04-2017, 09:55 PM
I stick with cheap, polarized fishing glasses. Berkely, Spiderwire, etc. I'm just too rough on glasses to spend $$$$$$ on good glasses.

That is why I went back to my supply Sgt every chance I got so I had spare pairs, I still have a few all wrapped in plastic. I would be surprised if someone you know was in the Guard in your state and could probably get you a pair or two.

Batou
09-04-2017, 11:02 PM
Excellent post!

I'm kinda like the others, expensive ugly sunglasses are expensive. All that said tossing a few of these in bugout and shooting bags wouldn't be a bad thing. Makes them last longer to.

Edit; Glasses that meet the milspec can be had for $14 on Amazon. Chu-Ching!

Ruger Core Ballistic Shooting Glasses https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TY41V56/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_OiIRzbYN2QVBA

DerBiermeister
09-05-2017, 09:55 AM
For years now, I've had a pair of Smith AEGIS ECHO. They always stay in my range bag and always kept in their padded container. I don't remember what they cost, but they weren't cheap and also not exorbitant. Came with clear and dark gray lens. They've held up perfect.

Kfilly
09-12-2017, 07:46 PM
I just wear my Oakley Half Jackets when I need eye protection in bright conditions. I think it is important to protect eyes feom phyaical injury as well as sun damage. Replacement lenses for my Oakleys are pretty cheap if they get damaged. I also got some clear eye protection from a local motorcycle shop. I cannot remember the brand I got, but I like them because they sit closer to my face than any othet safety glasses I have worn.

Innkeeper
09-12-2017, 10:08 PM
I just wear my Oakley Half Jackets when I need eye protection in bright conditions. I think it is important to protect eyes feom phyaical injury as well as sun damage. Replacement lenses for my Oakleys are pretty cheap if they get damaged. I also got some clear eye protection from a local motorcycle shop. I cannot remember the brand I got, but I like them because they sit closer to my face than any othet safety glasses I have worn.

Love my Oakley Half Jackets. If you want a good pair that sit close to your eye try WileyX Roamer 2's , I was issued those in Iraq same as my Oakley M frames for Ballistic protection, they came with clear, dark and Amber Lenses. Though the 2's are hard to find now when I tried to Buy new lenses for them Wiley X apologized said they now made Roamer 3's and sent me some when I sent in the old lenses as replacements for me they are excellent as well and have multi lenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk