PDA

View Full Version : 15 Trees Every Outdoor Lover Should Learn to Identify

hawgrider
09-25-2017, 06:00 AM
If you want to be a true outdoorsman or woman, and a true survivor, you’ve got to become a plant person.
I know, I know—it’s not as cool to walk around with your nose in a book as it is to sling lead or light stuff on fire. But at the end of the day, plants give us so much that we’d be crazy not to pay attention to them. Some of the most helpful (and long-lived) plants are trees, and it’s our job as survivalists to learn the merits and problems with each species we encounter.
Sure, trees all look very similar at first, but once you start to see the subtle differences, http://www.outdoorlife.com/15-trees-every-outdoor-lover-should-learn-to-identify

BucketBack
09-25-2017, 06:59 AM
I have most of them in my backyard, or in a ten minnow walk

Innkeeper
09-25-2017, 09:50 PM
when I was a Surveyor my partner taught me how to identify the different Trees, because many of the Larger ones are used as marker to help find the corners they are marked an written into the official descriptions. He told me he took classes at Michigan Tech to learn about trees.

hag
09-28-2017, 10:47 AM
Cool article. I know all of the trees but didn't know how many uses each of them have. Very handy information