PDA

View Full Version : Nobody likes nuclear biological section

RWalls
07-31-2014, 08:21 PM
Should we remove it and add a different section?

Inor
07-31-2014, 08:37 PM
I am not smart enough to hold a conversation on nuclear biology. But you want to post some threads, I'll read them and try to understand as much as I can.

Pauls
07-31-2014, 08:38 PM
I think people are just ignorant about the survivability of the two.

Tachammer73
07-31-2014, 08:51 PM
I vaguely remember some of the nuclear,bilogical,chemical training. Not enough to be any good tho

OSFG
07-31-2014, 09:02 PM
These are things that first of all you cannot see (radiation or chemical/bio hazards. These are also things that the best suits will only protect you from for so long. Mask filters are only good for so long. You need detectors for and usually by the time the detector detects it it's too late unless you have your mask and suit right beside you. It's just to scary for people to face and too difficult to protect from. Even here where people tend not to be SHEEPLE, we still play the ostrich. myself included. I own a mask (military grade) but not a suit nor masks for my whole family...so my plan is too avoid major cities where they would be used and look for signs of death where ever I do go to see if there is a hazard. Then avoid going there. Not much else I can do so...Ostrich time. The mask is really for the tear gas the goberment will launch in my window so that I stand a fighting chance.

Pauls
07-31-2014, 09:19 PM
Staying in a below ground shelter that has at least 200 pounds per square foot around you (two feet of earth, sand, concrete, etc.) for a period of two weeks maximum will keep you safe from radiation in most cases. A nuclear bomb detonated at one to three miles above you will have little radioactive fallout. What radiation there is will be dispersed by the wind, rain or time. It takes longer if a ground burst is used because the bomb hits the ground and vaporizes large quantities of material from the soil and structures that are close enough to be vaporized. Even then the wind disperses the radioactive materials as it blows them down range. Unless you are closer than 50 miles you are in little danger of radioactive fallout. Your air should be filtered or treated to remove ionized particles and the shelter should be slightly higher pressure than outside. That keeps anything from seeping in through the cracks. The same shelter can keep you safe from biological weapons as long as your air is filtered or treated.

OSFG
07-31-2014, 09:24 PM
Paul....Do you have any real human friends? or do you just read all the damn time? Jeez...your like a computer man...

Inor
07-31-2014, 09:28 PM
Paul....Do you have any real human friends? or do you just read all the damn time? Jeez...your like a computer man...

I think Paul might be that robot guy from the old Star Trek program. :D

OSFG
07-31-2014, 09:33 PM
Yeah I've seen folks like paul before...You ask them how they are doing and they give you there EKG readout and explain it to you along with the daily environmental effect that you didn't even know about, and leaves you feeling like,,,hunh...wha...????

hey Paul, I'm just engaging in a social acceptable form of over exaggeration and whimsical folly attempting to illicit an emotional outburst from Inor known as humorous guffawing.There is no ill will or true mockery of your persona intended.

Inor
07-31-2014, 09:35 PM
I am glad he is our friend though. It would really suck to have that kind of brain power working against us!

Arklatex
07-31-2014, 09:36 PM
Yeah I've seen folks like paul before...You ask them how they are doing and they give you there EKG readout and explain it to you along with the daily environmental effect that you didn't even know about, and leaves you feeling like,,,hunh...wha...????

And that's exactly why we like the guy. Who needs encyclopedia or Google when we have good ol paul??

OSFG
07-31-2014, 09:41 PM
Absolutely...and INOR you are right...a Democrat Paul or worse an Al Qaeda Paul would be bad news for us.
:setfire:

Pauls
07-31-2014, 09:45 PM
You guys shouldn't make fun of me... The robot is on guard at the ship.

Actually guys I have been called an alien (from another star system) for so long that it is funny. I have a very high IQ and a need to learn everything I can about every subject I am exposed to. Metallurgy, automotive, prepping, making drums, flutes and other musical instruments are just a few of the areas that I have studied. I design my own shop furniture and then build it, I make knives, invent things that solve problems with automatic transmissions and I can build anything from metal. I own my own lathe and once I get my shop built, I will have access to all my machine tools again. Back in the early seventies I was studying nuclear, biological and chemical warfare so I could learn what I needed to survive it and include it in the classes I taught on "Urban Survival".

I have a mind like a steel trap (that has been well oiled and cared for - not the one that is rusty). :)

OSFG
07-31-2014, 09:49 PM
Paul we make a joke about you at our expense...I have great respect for you and your knowledge and have told you that before. Most of us do. By the way...whats a high IQ...and whats yours?

JK I know what an IQ is and what is high...but the second question stands... I'd say between 140 and 160...i'm betting towards the upper though.

Inor
07-31-2014, 09:50 PM
Honest Paul, I am not making fun of you. I may be having some fun with you, but that is a FAR cry from making fun of you. That guy who wanted to make the castle out of shipping containers and subjugate the people living around him to dispose of his shit in buckets... I made fun of him, but never you. :D

The fact that you know so much about so many things amazes me.

Pauls
07-31-2014, 09:57 PM
Depending on the scale used, it is 146.5 or 197. That is just shy of the "official" genius number, and about 50% higher than the average American's IQ.

All that means is that I can learn a lot easier than about 97.5% of the population. I seem to need an interest in what I learn so my interests are quite varied.

OSFG
07-31-2014, 10:02 PM
Well I heard Einstein was like a 162 or so and he was in the Genius part of the scale...don;t know what Hawkins was but you decide whose smarter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn7-fVtT16k

Pauls
07-31-2014, 10:12 PM
Einstein was 162 on the scale that I am 146.6, Hawkins was probably close to the same as Einstein, but he had more education and computers to help with the math. Between the two of them, I would venture to say that Einstein was the higher IQ but Hawkins was better published. I liked Sagan more than Hawkins because he was better at conveying his ideas. Anyway, those guys are way out of my league, I'm just a mechanic turned minister.

OSFG
07-31-2014, 10:14 PM
Einstein was 162 on the scale that I am 146.6, Hawkins was probably close to the same as Einstein, but he had more education and computers to help with the math. Between the two of them, I would venture to say that Einstein was the higher IQ but Hawkins was better published. I liked Sagan more than Hawkins because he was better at conveying his ideas. Anyway, those guys are way out of my league, I'm just a mechanic turned minister.

Paul did you even watch the video?

Pauls
07-31-2014, 10:18 PM
Paul did you even watch the video?

I did! It was ... farcical and entertaining. I would never answer a post like yours without seeing what you were talking about first.

OSFG
07-31-2014, 10:23 PM
I did! It was ... farcical and entertaining. I would never answer a post like yours without seeing what you were talking about first.

I actually snorted Paul...Thats why I really enjoy talking to you...Farcical....only you would use that word.

Pauls
07-31-2014, 10:32 PM
;) You know, I learn new stuff all the time when I come here. You guys and girls are some of the best people on spaceship Earth.

Arizona Infidel
08-01-2014, 12:02 AM
Know what happens when you have someone who tested at a near genius level but has ADD?

OSFG
08-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Yes they know a lot of shit but can't seem talk about it long enough to inform the rest of us.

pheniox17
08-01-2014, 12:59 AM
If you want to change the thread group, change to "man made disaster"

Its almost the same thing just not as taboo

Slippy
08-01-2014, 06:41 AM
I think we should add a Category called "PaulS Says..."

Arizona Infidel
08-01-2014, 09:51 AM
I think it should be left. It might not have anything going on right now, but you never know when that might change.
Like if Ebola were to come to our shores?

pheniox17
08-01-2014, 02:52 PM
I think it should be left. It might not have anything going on right now, but you never know when that might change.
Like if Ebola were to come to our shores?

It should be there as we speak

Got more info on this, the sick doc and friend used all WHO guidelines for not getting the bug, the same guidelines the USA med staff treating him in a USA hospital

omegabrock
08-01-2014, 03:42 PM
farcical

brb, grabbing dictionary

omegabrock
08-01-2014, 03:46 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/farcical?s=t

adjective
pertaining to or of the nature of farce.
resembling farce; ludicrous; absurd.

brb...looking up farce

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/farce

noun
a light, humorous play in which the plot depends upon a skillfully exploited situation rather than upon the development of character.
humor of the type displayed in such works.
foolish show; mockery; a ridiculous sham.

SquirrelBait
08-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Should we remove it and add a different section?

As Fukushima daiichi is still spewing after three years, And we are looking at two ebola patients being transported to the CONUS I think the timing on that would not be so good. Give it a little time? Please?

Arizona Infidel
08-02-2014, 12:05 AM
In fact, if you wanted you could move the Ebola threads to Nuke Bio. After all, isn't that where they should really be?