PDA

View Full Version : What You Are Not Being Told About Ebola

Denton
08-01-2014, 10:54 AM
http://scgnews.com/ebola-what-youre-not-being-told

Extremely important.

Aerosolized, not technically airborne. When it comes to containing a virus such as Ebola, who is concerned with hair-splitting?

We continue to be told that the only way to contract the virus is by direct contact with bodily fluids, but they fail to point out that inhaling droplets of contaminated fluid coughed from the lungs of an infected person is direct contact.

OK. Seems I have pretty much condensed the article.

This is why I have a case of N95 masks and am not afraid of using them.

Arklatex
08-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Just heard on the news that 2 infected Americans are being brought over. I'm thinking this a a horrible idea no matter how well they are "contained" it could be the spark that starts a wildfire. .

Denton
08-01-2014, 11:59 AM
I am more concerned about the infected guy with no symptoms but the onset ones that resemble the beginning of a cold/flu, who who coughs on the plane as he leaves Africa. The people to his left and right are infected; one going on to Paris and the other to New York.

Arklatex
08-01-2014, 12:06 PM
I am more concerned about the infected guy with no symptoms but the onset ones that resemble the beginning of a cold/flu, who who coughs on the plane as he leaves Africa. The people to his left and right are infected; one going on to Paris and the other to New York.

I'm thinking that it's already happened. There might be some in Europe and the near east but I don't think it has gotten here... YET.

big paul
08-01-2014, 01:19 PM

Extremely important.

Aerosolized, not technically airborne. When it comes to containing a virus such as Ebola, who is concerned with hair-splitting?

We continue to be told that the only way to contract the virus is by direct contact with bodily fluids, but they fail to point out that inhaling droplets of contaminated fluid coughed from the lungs of an infected person is direct contact.

I also have a case of N95 masks, I also have a case of medical gloves, had them ever since the swine flu panic, I think its time to get a few more!!

rice paddy daddy
08-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Just heard on the news that 2 infected Americans are being brought over. I'm thinking this a a horrible idea no matter how well they are "contained" it could be the spark that starts a wildfire. .
This is how AIDS got started in North America. One gay male brought it back from Africa to Canada.

Slippy
08-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Be careful everyone.

Sparkyprep
08-01-2014, 03:58 PM
All it takes is one. A human being can pretty much get anywhere in the world in a 24 hour timeframe, which means a gestating, devastating disease can too. All thanks to air travel.

SquirrelBait
08-01-2014, 09:51 PM
I also have a case of N95 masks, I also have a case of medical gloves, had them ever since the swine flu panic, I think its time to get a few more!!

Get the N or P 100 Masks with filters. I picked some up at Menard's.

Pauls
08-03-2014, 06:04 PM
The masks would have to be rated for viruses. The N-95 masks would be worthless against viruses. They are likely to stop the aerosolized body fluids which is the only way you can become infected other than direct contact with the infected individual. Why not run out and get a full body suit with a self contained air supply. At least then it would be protection. If you have infected people visiting then I can see cleaning your home with bleach, but really, are you going to have infected people in your home? Are you going to wash the grocery cart down with bleach before you use it?

People are really scared about this virus - I get that - I may get more concerned if there is an outbreak, but for now it just isn't a big deal. The only known patients are in a facility purpose made for secure treatment of infectious diseases with no outside contact. The virus can't travel in the air more than a few yards so being next door to an infected patient still is as safe as being on another continent unless you are stupid and go out of your way to come in contact with them or their body fluids.

Denton
08-03-2014, 06:16 PM
The masks would have to be rated for viruses. The N-95 masks would be worthless against viruses. They are likely to stop the aerosolized body fluids which is the only way you can become infected other than direct contact with the infected individual. Why not run out and get a full body suit with a self contained air supply. At least then it would be protection. If you have infected people visiting then I can see cleaning your home with bleach, but really, are you going to have infected people in your home? Are you going to wash the grocery cart down with bleach before you use it?

People are really scared about this virus - I get that - I may get more concerned if there is an outbreak, but for now it just isn't a big deal. The only known patients are in a facility purpose made for secure treatment of infectious diseases with no outside contact. The virus can't travel in the air more than a few yards so being next door to an infected patient still is as safe as being on another continent unless you are stupid and go out of your way to come in contact with them or their body fluids.

Ferret studies suggest that swine flu is spread by large droplets and not by small droplets. All face masks may protect against large droplets; N95 masks may protect against smaller, aerosolized droplets.

The main thing is for those who might be sick wear an N95, as it better contains aerosolized fluid from getting to others. As far as wearing it for protection from others, it is less effective but better than nothing, and more practical than MOPP IV.

I'm not worried about Ebola at all; for now. Unless it enters and is spread by ways other than normal. Think Tinfoil Hat.

pheniox17
08-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Denton you should be concerned,

If it dose get onto the major populated areas, it will have a full week of "freedom" before the Ebola unique symptoms show up, (takes a week to mature from "flu like" to "hemraging" (sp) so even "if" you catch it you wouldn't know)

Be aware, be alarmed, be safe

Arklatex
08-04-2014, 07:35 AM
Denton you should be concerned,

If it dose get onto the major populated areas, it will have a full week of "freedom" before the Ebola unique symptoms show up, (takes a week to mature from "flu like" to "hemraging" (sp) so even "if" you catch it you wouldn't know)

Be aware, be alarmed, be safe
This sounds like the start of one of those movies. just sayin...

BugMan
08-04-2014, 09:24 AM

The biggest issue is the incubation period. It can be 21 days before any symptoms are present. How many people could one infected person come in contact with prior to diagnosis. Even once symptoms appear, how many more will they infect before diagnosis? Sure, it isn't the easiest to contract, but look at how big a deal HIV is when the only way of contacting it is through blood transmission.

My wife no longer works at the CDC thank goodness, but daily I have customers that work at Emory and the CDC come into my store. I really need to stop picking my nose.

pheniox17
08-04-2014, 09:34 AM
This sounds like the start of one of those movies. just sayin...

Well they need to get the idea for the story somewhere....

omegabrock
08-04-2014, 03:51 PM
didnt want to start a new thread so i figured i would add this here...note: results are not back

http://6abc.com/239735/

edit: headline- MOUNT SINAI HOSPITAL PATIENT TESTED FOR EBOLA

just the most recent story i have come across

pheniox17
08-04-2014, 08:23 PM
http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/ebola-scare-hits-new-york-as-hospital-isolates-patient/story-fneuz9ev-1227013556746

NY is one of the worlds most populated cities, NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG!!

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-05/ebola-outbreak-troops-deploy-sierra-leone-liberia-to-help/5648116

TJC44
08-05-2014, 07:51 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/08/04/new-york-city-hospital-testing-patient-for-possible-ebola-infection/

The story says that the patient came in through the ER.
I've sat in a city ER before, sometimes for an hour, usually with a couple dozen other people and their friends and relations. (theirs, not mine)
Even if he took a cab straight from Kennedy.....

Chills

rice paddy daddy
08-05-2014, 09:17 AM
All the "experts" say we have nothing to worry about. That is is very hard to become infected with ebola.
So why do all the medical people anywhere near ebola wear full body "spacesuits"? Why was the airplane that brought the infected Americans to Atlanta rigged with tent-like isolation wards inside?
I personally think we are being deliberately lied to. They don't want to reveal the truth hoping the sheep won't panic.
I'm glad we live in the Middle Of Nowhere.

Arklatex
08-05-2014, 10:11 AM
All the "experts" say we have nothing to worry about. That is is very hard to become infected with ebola.
So why do all the medical people anywhere near ebola wear full body "spacesuits"?

Even the doctors with all their knowledge and spacesuits still get infected...

SquirrelBait
08-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Uh Oh...

Look at this: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/08/06/CDC-Issues-Level-1-Alert-Highest-Possible-on-Ebola-Virus

SquirrelBait
08-06-2014, 11:03 PM
Read this: http://undergroundmedic.com/?p=74

It concerns when to go into seclusion... :wall:

pheniox17
08-07-2014, 01:36 AM
Death toll "official" approaching the magic 1000 mark

Montana Rancher
08-07-2014, 06:26 PM
N95 mask would be totally acceptitable for containment as compared to ..... nothing?

You are lucky to be in a area where the population is sparse, don't ignore the advantages of basic protection to those that are not

Deebo
08-07-2014, 08:31 PM
The real money is in the treatment, and vaccines.
This is just a test run, to see how quickly it is contained, how it effects certain chromosomes, certain breeds, certain people, certain races, each genetic group.
Then, the good old govt can sell it's vaccine.

MrsInor
08-07-2014, 08:34 PM
We could all freak out our neighbors by starting to wear a mask all the time.

SquirrelBait
08-09-2014, 03:29 AM
We could all freak out our neighbors by starting to wear a mask all the time.

Oh for funny!:biglaugh:

SquirrelBait
08-09-2014, 03:44 AM
The longer incubation period tells me that this is a new/mutated strain. The longer incubation period also means that this virus isn't going to burn it's self out like past outbreaks...

Sarge7402
08-09-2014, 06:47 AM
From the CDC fact Sheet on SARS: The main way that SARS seems to spread is by close person-to-person contact. The virus that causes SARS is thought to be transmitted most readily by respiratory droplets (droplet spread) produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Droplet spread can happen when droplets from the cough or sneeze of an infected person are propelled a short distance (generally up to 3 feet) through the air and deposited on the mucous membranes of the mouth, nose, or eyes of persons who are nearby. The virus also can spread when a person touches a surface or object contaminated with infectious droplets and then touches his or her mouth, nose, or eye(s). In addition, it is possible that the SARS virus might spread more broadly through the air (airborne spread) or by other ways that are not now known.

Now for the red necks in this group the green is commonly refered to as snot. Now what is any different between SARS snot being a vector and Mucus from an Ebola infected patient. Just because one of these medical organizations doesn't "identify Ebola as Airborne Spread" doesn't mean that you can stand next to an Ebola infected person be sneezed on and your safe.

That just defies all logic

Arklatex
08-09-2014, 07:31 AM
Seems like the numbers of daily new infected are in decline. Down from 120+ a day to 68. Hope it keeps going down.

Innkeeper
08-09-2014, 04:27 PM
But are those numbers real or are things being kept Quiet like what happens when China has their Avian outbreaks?

Sarge7402
08-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Remember they don't include the ones where the family cared for them and then quietly buried the bodies afterwards.

SquirrelBait
08-12-2014, 11:05 AM
Seems like the numbers of daily new infected are in decline. Down from 120+ a day to 68. Hope it keeps going down.

That would be good news.

jbrooks19
08-12-2014, 03:37 PM
God didn't intend for us to jump across an ocean like we do. This is why other countries diseases spread to our home turf. It is just a matter of time until A finds its way here and turns into a major epidemic.

Arklatex
08-12-2014, 04:00 PM
I heard this afternoon that some missionary died of ebola in Europe. They gave him the same experimental treatment that is being used on our two in GA.

Arklatex
08-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Numbers reported by WHO are still in the upper 60s per day as of today. Looks like Liberia is getting hit the hardest.

Sarge7402
08-12-2014, 07:12 PM
got to be careful on what numbers you're looking at. While the number of new cases may be going down the number of deaths in a two day period are right in line with the highs over 25 per day. Doubt if it's burning out, My guess is that it's being contained and bodies are being hopefully properly disposed of without them going down on the rolls

SquirrelBait
08-12-2014, 07:15 PM
So why do all the medical people anywhere near ebola wear full body "spacesuits"? Why was the airplane that brought the infected Americans to Atlanta rigged with tent-like isolation wards inside?
I personally think we are being deliberately lied to. They don't want to reveal the truth hoping the sheep won't panic.
I'm glad we live in the Middle Of Nowhere.

The PTB "Don't let anyone know until everyone knows!"

SquirrelBait
08-12-2014, 07:18 PM
I heard this afternoon that some missionary died of ebola in Europe. They gave him the same experimental treatment that is being used on our two in GA.

Did Father Pajares get the treatment? Last I heard no one was saying if he had?

Arklatex
08-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Did Father Pajares get the treatment? Last I heard no one was saying if he had?
Yes he did. He passed away today. Was probably too late anyway.

SquirrelBait
08-12-2014, 07:24 PM
Yes he did. He passed away today. Was probably too late anyway.

Sad. Hopefully, They will get the production of the treatment going to where no one has to wait to get help.

TJC44
08-20-2014, 10:58 AM
Just as an update, Patient in NYC tested negative. 2 new reports of testing, one in Utah, one in Sacremento. Wonder where they've been the last 2 weeks.

TJC

Arklatex
08-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Update on the Atlanta patients. They seem to be recovering.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-patient-reunites-husband-isolation-glass-emory/story?id=25021642

Montana Rancher
09-01-2014, 11:21 PM

Extremely important.

I just purchased ANOTHER bunch of N95 filters. I use them a lot during haying season since I have really bad hay allergies. But I purchased my last batch to sell to the masses when it hits the fan.

It is better than silver IMO

Montana Rancher
09-02-2014, 11:18 PM

Extremely important.

Although I have a good stock of N95 masks, I recently purchased another 80 of them as barter. At about $1 each I will make 40x my money if the virus goes viral.

Bwahahahaha

oldmurph58
10-24-2014, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't be putting a ton of faith in paper masks. I've thought for quite awhile that it was transmitted through the resperatory tract, and wouldn't go near it without a respirator or plain ol military mask with a new filter. That shits just too dangerous, look at all the do gooder nitwit doctors getting infected and bringing it home. Then the scumbags go bowling after takeing a train and claim "i had no idea i could get sick" well duuh

oldmurph58
10-24-2014, 02:03 PM
I'm glad we live in the Middle Of Nowhere. I agree with you 1 million %