Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Clueless Delusional 'Preppers'

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,021 Times in 14,691 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Happiness is a Belt Fed
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (01-06-2018),Sparkyprep (01-07-2018),Unclefred (01-07-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,330 Times in 5,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    ....However let's not forget that all of us have individual interests that we fill our spare time with; motorcycles, travel, cars, camping, entertainment etc.. and even prepping. Whatever grabs one's fancy, huh?
    Yeppers! Gotta love all that divers.... oops. wrong thread. 'scuse.
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

I live in a county that has 1,000,000 people in it, and if a mushroom cloud goes off, I am going to hit the deck, in more ways than one. I figure that I will have to kill my way out of that sit-rep, because there is no way that I can get out. There is madness here on a normal day; and I think there is a spirit of murder too, Tampa-St Pete-Clearwater is a strange place to live in.

There is something wrong with these people, so like I said, I will probably have to kill some of them. Who wants to do that? But some of the local citizens would be happy to kill me, in a survival situation. So, I weighed things out, and that is what I came up with. In closing, some of the folks on prepper/survival forums, are deceived by their own mushy thinking, and they won't survive a mushroom cloud event.

My life circumstances over many years have been very, very serious, and they made me serious. I can be downright frightening in ways, and that is good, because I mean what I say. Many of today's generations don't comprehend that there are men like me, but there are. Thanks for the thread.
    Last edited by Mister Mills; 01-06-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    “He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

(As quoted by Gibbons, in Decline of the Roman Empire.)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (01-08-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OSFG View Post
    I like most of the comments on here so far. The match up with my belief structure very well. In the end it is most of us who delude our selves into so self gratifying state of "Oh yeah, I'm ready"

Some people I know think because they live next to a federal park or state Park that they have easy sustainable hunting and fishing after a SHTF situation. In my mind I see 2, 000 fishing poles lined up around that lake, people shitting all over the place, wild game being driven away from the water source, and folks accidentally or intentionally shooting one another every other day.

Do you know what one of the main drivers of expansion out of the original colonies into areas such as Tennessee and Kentucky were based on? Finding new hunting grounds, because the ones closer had been hunted out. And that was with a very small population.

Those of you out in the Arizona, Utah, New mexico area... How much actual gardenable ground do you see there that is not completely reliant on irrigation through water pumping apparatus? How much wild game do you think is actually in those sparsely vegetated areas? Now imagine your local population growing by a factor of about 5 to 10 based on relatives and extended family of people living in those areas coming home to be in a "Remote" area away from harm.

I prep my mind. I will live a fairly nomadic life through any severe SHTF event. Moving from place to place, trying to stay ahead of populous movements. I will use my brain to survive and keep my family alive, until I get to my final area. Then I will fiercely defend that from others who want to enter it. All I know is that anyone who thinks that have a plan for SHTF better learn a thing or two about realities of life. A plan rarely survives the first contact....Knowing the intent and end state does.

my2c
    There it is.

Even up here, the game might go quick & back even deeper. We're thinking maybe the critters below will flee in this direction initially and we can harvest as much as possible...but even that's just a wild ass guess. Either way, one of the skills I'm working on this spring for fun is the best way to process/preserve meat - without freezer/canning/etc. Smoke/fire-dry is my first thought...still reading/researching.
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    I live in a county that has 1,000,000 people in it, and if a mushroom cloud goes off, I am going to hit the deck, in more ways than one. I figure that I will have to kill my way out of that sit-rep, because there is no way that I can get out. There is madness here on a normal day; and I think there is a spirit of murder too, Tampa-St Pete-Clearwater is a strange place to live in.

There is something wrong with these people, so like I said, I will probably have to kill some of them. Who wants to do that? But some of the local citizens would be happy to kill me, in a survival situation. So, I weighed things out, and that is what I came up with. In closing, some of the folks on prepper/survival forums, are deceived by their own mushy thinking, and they won't survive a mushroom cloud event.

My life circumstances over many years have been very, very serious, and they made me serious. I can be downright frightening in ways, and that is good, because I mean what I say. Many of today's generations don't comprehend that there are men like me, but there are. Thanks for the thread.
    Thanks for sharing that, Mr Mills. I'm not going to dishonor you (or anyone else here) by asking why the hell you dont get out?; you have obviously made some hard choices and I respect you for that. May God and luck be always on your side. Warmest regards and stay safe, sir.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BucketBack View Post
    It is GOD who will decide my fate and help me. I also think it's prudent to obtain the knowledge available to help yourself out
    And that, imo, is our saving grace.
    We do what we can - and then Let go, let God.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Thanks for sharing that, Mr Mills. I'm not going to dishonor you (or anyone else here) by asking why the hell you dont get out?; you have obviously made some hard choices and I respect you for that. May God and luck be always on your side. Warmest regards and stay safe, sir.
    I am too old to leave, but I know that if an EMP occurs here, it will be Pandemonium. Remember, there are some real hard corps men left, even in this day and age. And this one will stay put, and whatever happens, well it just happens. God Bless.
    “He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

(As quoted by Gibbons, in Decline of the Roman Empire.)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (01-06-2018)

Little Miss Chatterbox Unclefred's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,186 Posts
    The problem with most peoples view on a shtf scenario is that it's colored by TV, Movies and online paranoia. It assumes everyone will be at their worst and all for themselves. I don't think that is the historic reality of humanity in major crises. With exceptions, but exceptions don't make the rule.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unclefred For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-06-2018),Inor (01-06-2018),juskom95 (01-08-2018),Mister Mills (01-06-2018),MountainGirl (01-06-2018),Sparkyprep (01-07-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,702 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Delusional Preppers you say? Ever heard some of these guys talk about how often they get laid?

Talk about delusional, huh?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A Watchman For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-06-2018),MountainGirl (01-06-2018),OSFG (01-07-2018),RubberDuck (01-06-2018),Unclefred (01-07-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclefred View Post
    The problem with most peoples view on a shtf scenario is that it's colored by TV, Movies and online paranoia. It assumes everyone will be at their worst and all for themselves. I don't think that is the historic reality of humanity in major crises. With exceptions, but exceptions don't make the rule.
    I hope your right, but I'm wondering... Did the historic reality of humanity include several generations (1980's to now) of people with a strongly developed sense of instant desire fulfillment and entitlement? There are still lots of people who have a strong work-ethic; hopefully there's enough of them and they're not to old... but even they will put self/family first; as they should, imo.

There's still the matter of logistics/resources. Local help may be provided, for a time, while there's something there to help with. Outside help might be long in coming, if it does.
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 01-06-2018 at 01:56 PM.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast