Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Spring fever

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,349 Times in 5,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Thanks madam Mountain Girl!

The green tank is a 500 gallon Norwesco tank that I have as part of my water reclamation system from my metal roof. I put in a Self Flushing system on the gutter downspouts and can fill that tank in an afternoon thunder shower. We've used it a time or two to flush the toilets when we had an incoming pipe failure but most of the time we use it to water the back yard beds...even though I have 3 hose spigots nearby, I like to rotate the water in the tank as much as possible.
    Ah okay, very cool. So the cord is to a pump then?

EDIT...I just got the Cat Joke! HA! Mrs Slippy says that if she dies first, I have the potential to become the Crazy Cat Lady! At 6'4" and somewhere close to 250lbs that would be a helluva sight me in a Tie-Dyed Moo Moo smoking a doobie decorating the yard with metal garden gnomes! However, You should see all of my crazy shit decorations I got hidden around Slippy Lodge...maybe one day I'll post!
    LOLOL Now there's an image! My question about cats was because ours would first 'unplant' everything your Mrs did...and then 'plant' their own crop...but I kinda like your take on the question better. It's nice to finally know how you secretly imagine yourself! Love ya, bro.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190420_125226.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	6598

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (04-20-2019),Slippy (04-20-2019)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,205 Times in 1,558 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Awesome! Pics if you got em!
    Slippy
    Can you post a close up pic of your first flush setup? I'm thinking of adding one to my set up and could you a little more input. Thanks
    I will post some pics later as right now everything is a mess

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

Slippy (04-26-2019)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,205 Times in 1,558 Posts
    Daughter started wildflowers to plant around the garden. This was the first to bloom today. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FIRST WILDFLOWER.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	6698

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (04-26-2019),Innkeeper (04-26-2019),Inor (04-26-2019),MountainGirl (04-26-2019),Slippy (04-26-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,034 Times in 7,028 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post
    Slippy
    Can you post a close up pic of your first flush setup? I'm thinking of adding one to my set up and could you a little more input. Thanks
    I will post some pics later as right now everything is a mess
    Bronc,
    The concept is that after a rain, all of the stuff on the roof is flushed out before the Catchment System starts to catch water.

You can build your own, but since I already had the aluminum gutter I bought a Pre-Made First Flush that seems to work pretty well.

Photo 1 below shows the gutter downspout that flows into a Screened Section of the catchment system. There is a valve that you can Press or Release that starts the First Flush System or allows it to flow freely. In photo 1 it is in the first Flush position.
    Attachment 6708

Photo 2 shows the valve in a position that allows the water to flow freely.
    Attachment 6710

The tube is a clear plastic tube that goes into my tank. I wrap it in duct tape every couple of years but as you can tell it erodes from the sun and weather.

Hope this helps!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (04-26-2019),Inor (04-26-2019),StratBastard (04-26-2019)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345