Thread: My new project!

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,180 Times in 1,552 Posts

My new project!

No seriously I believe this one is a little much for this do it yourselfer. As my 92 Cherokee gets older it harder to find descent parts. Lucked up on this one. Interior was in very good shape just needed a little cleaning. Mine baked for years in the hot South Carolina sun. I had no rust until moving to Ohio almost 10 years ago. Now the gravel/mud road as ate up the cargo area floor. I couldn't believe that after removing the carpet the tub looked like it just came from the factory. My suffered from a evaporator leak/ drain issue since new so it mess up my carpet. The strip down has begun! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180129_080559.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	4387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180129_080622.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	4388

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

Inor (01-31-2018),Ricekila (01-31-2018),Sparkyprep (01-31-2018)

Your gonna be busy!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (01-31-2018),Ricekila (01-31-2018)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,180 Times in 1,552 Posts
    Yes and these freezing days are slowing me down. The interior is already out down to the dash. Tires and wheel are now on mine. My rims suffered from pot hole shock that cause vibrations at 52 mph. Enough that would rattle your false teeth out lucky I still have mine. I now wish I would have taken auto body and welding in school. They want $1200 +- labor to fix just my cargo area. Still its cheaper than buying another 4x4 that I know nothing about. Taking the engine out will be a major task for me. At the end I plan to roll in over with the tractor and take off the gas tank and axles and the lift blocks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

Ricekila (01-31-2018)

Yes sir thats a project alright.

I used to paint and do body work as a hobby in the old days. Bondo on sand off. Painting cars took its toll on me then I just painted motorsickles...Much more enjoyable.

Used to pull engines and trans way back then too. Wouldn't even attemp it with today nightmare vehicles. Back when I was doing it you could they weren't jam packed with emission crap.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Ricekila (01-31-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 17,307 Times in 6,021 Posts
    Stock up on idler pulleys & Crankshaft Position Sensors -- you'll thank me --

NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / NYSRPA member / GOA member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Venturing Crew COR / Ammosexual / Wayne County PA - visitors CCW holder / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

The word liberal is a misnomer ( look it up )

And Epstein didn't kill himself

Μολών Λaβέ

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,018 Times in 10,450 Posts
    That looks like a FUN project!

Now that I can see the end of my house building project, I have been looking around for my next do-it-yourself gig. I do have the dining room chairs that I started building a couple years ago before our big move. But those won't take me too long to finish making. I keep suggesting to Mrs Inor that we should build a street rod next. She thinks a garden shed and a greenhouse would be a better idea.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Ricekila (01-31-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 17,307 Times in 6,021 Posts
    Get you're self a I/H Scout -- at least the frame wont rust from the inside out --

P/S -- Bronk --- oodles of pics please --

NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / NYSRPA member / GOA member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Venturing Crew COR / Ammosexual / Wayne County PA - visitors CCW holder / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

The word liberal is a misnomer ( look it up )

And Epstein didn't kill himself

Μολών Λaβέ

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricekila For This Useful Post:

Inor (02-01-2018)