Thread: Columbia Ridge II Run 2 Ski Pants Review

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 896 Posts

Columbia Ridge II Run 2 Ski Pants Review

Yes, I am sure you are all scratching your heads wondering why this guy is reviewing ski pants on a survival blog. Well, these ski pants are great for winter hiking. If you have to bug out in winter, these pants can help keep you warm without weighing you down. Anyway, these pants are very lightweight, wind proof, and waterproof. These pants are thinner than a pair of jeans and do not really impede mobility. These will dry quickly if they get wet. They feature Columbia's Omni Heat (works almost like a Mylar blacker to reflect heat back the wearer). However, these pants will transfer cold if you have direct contact with something cold (i.e., sit down on something cold) as there is no lofted insulation. The pants have six pockets two front, two on legs, and two in the rear. All pockets are secured with zippers. Additionally, there is a ventilation zipper on each leg to help prevent one from overheating. These can also be found in some camouflage type patterns. These are selling cheaper than their list price on Amazon right now. One caveat though is that these run longer than most pants. I have a 32" inseam (5'11" with typical build if that helps) and I had to order a short length. Waist size was pretty true.
    Last edited by Kfilly; 03-13-2018 at 01:18 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kfilly For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (03-11-2018)