Thread: Some Prayers are not answered

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,333 Times in 4,342 Posts

Some Prayers are not answered

https://youtu.be/FoZ7_GtuIT8

A discussion of why sometimes prayers are not answered.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight55 View Post
    https://youtu.be/FoZ7_GtuIT8

A discussion of why sometimes prayers are not answered.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    God does answer all prayers....
    It is just that .... sometimes the answer is NO....

Now I will watch your linked video....

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LivoniaDan For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (08-28-2018),Gambit (09-02-2018),OSFG (08-27-2018),Sparkyprep (08-27-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts
    we assume that God should intervene in all things... in a world where things must evolve, grow, decide, and become...there must exist all things... a front without a back is one dimensional. To have good you must have evil...to have love you must have loathing... to have justice you must have injustice.

There is no utopia outside of heaven....so seek it not.....just asked for the strength to accept what is to come.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

Coastie dad (08-27-2018),Dwight55 (08-28-2018),inceptor (08-27-2018),Inor (09-02-2018),MountainGirl (08-27-2018)

It's funny my wife and I were discussing something similar to this just recently. Sometimes God answers in a way we think is negative, when instead it's positive. "Everything happens for the best" is what my great grandmother would say.

Now for instance, let's take the theft of my beloved truck by those lousy, God forsaken bastards.
    We've been saying that we need a vehicle that will haul more tiny humans. But I was unwilling to give up my truck. My turbo charger has been acting up, and it needed a new rear end. And steering box. The wife was getting worried about me driving it so far in the mountains every week, afraid something would give out at a bad time.

So, let's say that my unspoken prayer was that I could get just a little further with it before major breakdown occurred.
    Her prayer was that I would give up the truck and get something we could get more family use out of before I got killed in a wreck.

Sometimes that "no" means a yes answer for someone else.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (08-28-2018),hawgrider (08-28-2018),inceptor (08-27-2018),Inor (09-02-2018),LivoniaDan (09-02-2018),MountainGirl (09-02-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OSFG View Post
    <<snip>>
    There is no utopia outside of heaven....so seek it not.....just asked for the strength to accept what is to come.
    <<<<<<<ASIDE>>>>> Saw a meme recently that said something like:
    God give me Patience.... Because if you give me Strength I will need bail money too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post

Yea That
    Last edited by LivoniaDan; 09-02-2018 at 03:27 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LivoniaDan For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (09-02-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,181 Times in 10,478 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    It's funny my wife and I were discussing something similar to this just recently. Sometimes God answers in a way we think is negative, when instead it's positive. "Everything happens for the best" is what my great grandmother would say.

Now for instance, let's take the theft of my beloved truck by those lousy, God forsaken bastards.
    We've been saying that we need a vehicle that will haul more tiny humans. But I was unwilling to give up my truck. My turbo charger has been acting up, and it needed a new rear end. And steering box. The wife was getting worried about me driving it so far in the mountains every week, afraid something would give out at a bad time.

So, let's say that my unspoken prayer was that I could get just a little further with it before major breakdown occurred.
    Her prayer was that I would give up the truck and get something we could get more family use out of before I got killed in a wreck.

Plus, you now get a new truck out of the deal. Sounds like a win-win to me. - Praise God!
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (09-02-2018)

Eh... wouldn't go that far about the new truck yet, but it does herald a change.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (09-02-2018)