Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some help with a comment

Need some help with a comment

Why does this strike me as, well.... braggadocios bullshit?

Right now I can hatch a dozen chickens per day from the 20 or so birds I have. It takes less then 4 months for my chickens to reach harvest size. I also have rabbits, turkeys and sheep which reproduce easily.

Incubating eggs daily, with a 60% success rate 100% of the time?

And mortality on turkeys is known to be high because they are friggin stupid.

Or is it just me wanting an excuse to call this boy out because he irritates me?
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

Inor (08-01-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post

Right now I can hatch a dozen chickens per day from the 20 or so birds I have. It takes less then 4 months for my chickens to reach harvest size. I also have rabbits, turkeys and sheep which reproduce easily.

Or is it just me wanting an excuse to call this boy out because he irritates me?
    Who's the braggert?
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

On a bushcraft forum, in the preparedness section.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

On a bushcraft forum, in the preparedness section.
    You should be able to handle that chicken farmer wanna be!

His numbers are a fairy tale.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Some of their conversations are juvenile in the way that newbies envision themselves as being the lone survivor in an apocalypse because they have mre stores and an AR15 with an instruction manual.

Nice guys for the most part..

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    You should be able to handle that chicken farmer wanna be!

His numbers are a fairy tale.
    I try very hard to be pleasant over there.

I'm tired this evening, and just wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly...

Don't get too close, I bite! Sasquatch's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,046 Times in 3,888 Posts
    Hard to tell without more context. If he was answering a question maybe not so braggart but if he's just throwing it out there saying "look at me, look at me" then flame his ass.
    "That guy has the right idea, he wore the brown pants today!"

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts

Yep - the classic IT example. If I screw 9 dames tonight, I can have a baby in a month. Bullshit! You know the drill...
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

I think I will ask him how many incubators he is running.

Then ask him how he will run them without electricity, when all of a sudden it takes 28 days to hatch...

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,716 Times in 3,587 Posts
    Then he'll have egg all over his face.
    Haven't been over there in a while.
    BAH FUCKING HUMBUG!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast