Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody ever build a "doghouse" for their generator?.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 17,534 Times in 6,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Our Honda EU7000is is a few steps outside the back door on the covered deck, so no snow or wind issues; and closing it up in a doghouse like the one in Ricekilla's pic would build up too much heat, espc in the summertime, and I need to get to two sides of it for changing the oil, cleaning out the filter, etc. Plus..accessing the fuel tank on top would not be fun having all that structure around it. Noise isn't an issue for us now - and running it isn't in our long term shtf plan anyway.
    Now - only when it rains I close the lid -- but the door is open when it runs --

NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / NYSRPA member / GOA member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Venturing Crew COR / Ammosexual / Wayne County PA - visitors CCW holder / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

The word liberal is a misnomer ( look it up )

And Epstein didn't kill himself

Μολών Λaβέ

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ricekila For This Useful Post:

MI.oldguy (10-05-2018),MountainGirl (10-04-2018),shootbrownelk (10-05-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,273 Times in 4,332 Posts
    I'm actually toying with the idea of building a doghouse for mine, . . . one that will actually look like a dog house.

I plan to put a doggy dish out there beside it, . . . as well as a chain and a metal "choker chain" collar.

The idea is two fold: a) scare away any ignoramuses who don't know me and might be afraid of my monster dog, . . . and b) camouflage the generator itself, which will be inside but not visible unless the person gets on their knees and crawls over to look inside the doghouse.

My roof will be hinged on both sides, . . . allowing it to open up all the way to keep the jenny cool, . . . allow for re-fueling, . . . and I can do the maintenance on it as needed.

Have not done anything about it yet, . . . but have had it in the back of my mind for a while.

Actually bought the jenny about 4 years ago, . . . have not ran it yet, . . . have not had enough of an outage to make it necessary to run it, . . . yet.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dwight55 For This Useful Post:

MI.oldguy (10-05-2018),MountainGirl (10-04-2018),Ricekila (10-04-2018),shootbrownelk (10-06-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,350 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Our Honda EU7000is is a few steps outside the back door on the covered deck, so no snow or wind issues; and closing it up in a doghouse like the one in Ricekilla's pic would build up too much heat, espc in the summertime, and I need to get to two sides of it for changing the oil, cleaning out the filter, etc. Plus..accessing the fuel tank on top would not be fun having all that structure around it. Noise isn't an issue for us now - and running it isn't in our long term shtf plan anyway.
    We have a covered FRONT porch,front door and window nearby,good way to die!.no cover for deck except summer sailcloth so I wont catch fire in the sun.

When I get some spare change we are doing something.I have an idea,decent small pallet I can score,some 2x2's and a sheet of T-111.T-111 on 3 sides,1/2 way up for ventilation,sloped cabin roof(we have some spare squares when our roof got done) T-111 floor,front sheet 1/2 way up hinged at bottom. will make sure clear for exhaust,with two barrel latches at sides to keep door closed.

Gonna make a sketch and get sizing.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MI.oldguy For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (10-05-2018),MountainGirl (10-05-2018),Ricekila (10-05-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12