Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who's stealing your public lands?

Zealot

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,503 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    What is important to me is not subsidizing, through my taxes, somebody else's hobby. It is just another form of welfare.
    Inor, right now your tax dollars go to subsidize welfare ranchers grazing fees that are a fraction of what it costs them to graze private land. The energy companies I referred to were Gas/Oil/Uranium. They're subsidized too. The lands, if sold would go to the well connected. The choice parcels with water, rivers/creeks/ponds and lakes would be the first to go. I can't afford to buy land for hunting, nor can I afford to pay an Outfitter/Rancher for the privilege. The big ranchers who have political connections and contribute to legislators campaign chests would be the first in line to buy the best of the best.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (11-06-2018)

I don't need no stinking safe place. hawgrider's Avatar
    Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 31,830 Times in 14,708 Posts

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

I don't need no stinking safe place. hawgrider's Avatar
    Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 31,830 Times in 14,708 Posts
    This is why Fed lands should stay protected. The states that have control can sell off land without public approval.

Land in 20 Michigan counties available in DNR auction
    Eighty-one parcels of land located throughout Northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula are for sale in a sealed-bid auction hosted by the Department of Natural Resources.

The individual parcels range in size, from less than an acre to 160 acres, are located in several counties including Alpena, Antrim, Clare, Crawford, Emmet, Gogebic, Houghton, Iron, Lake, Livingston, Marquette, Menominee, Midland, Newaygo, Oakland, Ogemaw, Oscoda, Otsego, Roscommon and Schoolcraft.

Large-acreage parcels are being offered in Alpena, Antrim, Clare, Houghton, Marquette, Menominee, Midland and Ogemaw counties

The auction begins on Tuesday, Dec. 11. Bids will be accepted through Jan. 9, 2019.

"Depending on what you're looking for, any of these land parcels could fit nicely into future outdoor recreation or residential homesite plans," said Scott Goeman, DNR Real Estate Services manager.

"We regularly review the lands we manage to determine which ones might be better suited for private ownership. The 81 parcels in this winter auction offer a variety of landscape and natural features that will be appealing to a number of buyers."

Land for sale has been identified by the DNR because it is isolated from other land managed by the agency and difficult for it to manage.
    https://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf...ounties_a.html
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (12-07-2018)

Little Miss Chatterbox Mister Mills's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 941 Posts
    The states do a lousy job on some things, and I would rather see the Feds have control of the land, at least for now.
    I can be extraneous, and I can be wrong--but those things, are balanced by good things. I ain't sure what they are, but I have them!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (12-07-2018),Innkeeper (12-07-2018),shootbrownelk (12-07-2018)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234