Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: China’s terrifying social credit system

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    I'd like to point out something in that video that most people don't consider. The guy says that associating with people with low scores will lower your score. This is the real power behind the system -- not the gov., not employers, not the TPTB -- but people. This system will come to the USA eventually, it will work in China, it will spread because PEOPLE will want it. And pressure on individuals to conform will come most from those closest to you.

also...

here's a seven minute video of how TPTB will control the population.

This video is amazing and the next level of control...

a TV show version of this probable future...

"Black Mirror", episode called "Nosedive" is on netflix and that's the clip in the OP video. Good episode if you have the time.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    We're all screwed, so buy up, boys!

I mean, I'm ok...but guilty by association maybe...they may get hold that against me.
    The problem isn't that you can be punished, but that your kids can and will.

Any of us with kids will HAVE TO fall in line or people we dearly love will be punished. In that Black Mirror episode, the truck driver lady said she had a 4.4 score and let it fall to 1.5 because she lost hope and got angry when her 4.2 husband was put further down the medical treatment list when someone with 4.5 got priority and then he died. Sure, just a TV show, but a reflection on future reality.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lopie For This Useful Post:

Coastie dad (12-29-2018),Sasquatch (12-29-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Sounds like a similar system to what the Bible says the antichrist will use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 47,247 Times in 13,453 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    And that is why I do not use credit except to travel for business. I figure the "powers that be" are not going to deny my credit cards to travel to their places of work to help their people. And if they do, "so be it, let a fart and never see it" - I still win. But for paying for Mrs Inor and my expenses, it is green cash only baby!

Edit: And Alexa, Siri and the rest can kiss my ass!
    I'm a cash man too. The information trail left behind with even a debit card is insidious. I once went to WalMart to buy groceries, screwed up and had to use my debit card. Bought, among other things, some Tyson Chicken Breasts. On the computer that very night, adverts for Tyson products started popping up.
    A.K.A. StratBastard
    "It can't be fixed."
    NRA Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4g5nQPss

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StratBastard For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (02-25-2019),Sparkyprep (02-25-2019)

The Chinese Communists are a threat to the world, and spying on their own, is just a way to transact business. They are certainly spying on Americans too, and they have excellent programmers to do that with.

And this right here, I believe they are doing that, and they want to join with the big tech companies.:
    They’ve joined forces with Silicon Valley to cheerlead and lobby for an almost identical system right here in the west.
    Imagine going to buy something and your credit card is declined because some idiot in San Francisco thinks you posted something “hateful” on the Internet.
    “He had been all things, and all was of little value.” Said of Severus Emperor of Rome.

(As quoted by Gibbons, in Decline of the Roman Empire.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12