Thread: I done it again

I done it again

I invited another one over here. He seems genuinely interested in prepper stuff and likes to discuss it.
    It would be nice to get some conversation going over here again about survival and prepping skills.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

Gambit (12-29-2018),hawgrider (12-29-2018),Inor (12-29-2018),lopie (12-29-2018),Slippy (12-29-2018),Sparkyprep (12-29-2018),TJC44 (12-29-2018)

Signing off tonight, back in the morning.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

lopie (12-29-2018)

I’ll start: our pantry supplies we use year round, but we restock about every three months making sure we have about a six month supply could stretch to seven buy doing some basic rationing, this doesn’t include perishable food in which we would use first. Also it doesn’t include freeze dried we stock, so we probably could go a full year......

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rstanek For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (12-29-2018),lopie (12-29-2018)

Well, we ran into a problem. Wife had stomach surgery, and a lot of our short term preps, she can't eat now. So I've got canned food out the wazoo, and can't get rid of it as fast as I should. Wish some of you guys were closer, I would share.
    We're talking home canned chili, deer, rabbit, stew, squash, corn, plus all kinds of commercial canned fruit and vegetables.

Pretty frustrating for me.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

Inor (12-29-2018),lopie (12-29-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    Well, we ran into a problem. Wife had stomach surgery, and a lot of our short term preps, she can't eat now. So I've got canned food out the wazoo, and can't get rid of it as fast as I should. Wish some of you guys were closer, I would share.
    We're talking home canned chili, deer, rabbit, stew, squash, corn, plus all kinds of commercial canned fruit and vegetables.

Pretty frustrating for me.
    I hope she recovers quickly!

Can that stuff be frozen? Maybe buying a chest freezer for it would be worth the investment?

Canned is good for a couple years easy. Freezer is roughly 6 months.