Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: howdy from Denver Colorado

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post
    No I'm back in Ohio where I'm originally from after years in South Carolina, Florida and Colorado
    I'm sorry.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    Good to see you made it.
    Look in the general survival and preparedness forums. Avoid the flophouse until you are truly ready to go down the rabbit hole. The lunatics here are knowledgeable, outspoken, argumentative, and sometimes may cause your head to shake side to side.

There will be heated discussions occasionally. It takes a lot to get banned over here. We are free thinkers except for this guy going by inor. He charges you if he has to think. He prefers payment in bagpipe videos. Especially Amazing Grace.

The cost of access to the knowledge here is a thick skin. Where I met you there are really smart and experienced people in their area.
    Here there are smart people with broad rang s of experience in multiple areas who haven't yet convinced themselves of their superiority.

But don't let the jerks know I said anything nice about them. I do have a reputation to uphold.
    Now that one made me laugh...I almost forgot about that....

Welcome Lopie...from ....ah....hey? where am I, Inor? Shit I'm an alcoholic....not a damn Geography major!!!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts
    Lopie, I will say that I go to Denver nearly every other month for work. Broomfield area... Only stayed in Denver proper a time or two...good little eating joint there...can't remember the name, but they got a Food van on the roof....and Vegan ain't on the menu, even though they do offer it. So far I've been accosted by a Vegan-PETA activist in Boulder...enjoyed a gret trip up to Leadville, Got a good buddy (Pilot) that lives on the west side of Denver...and you damn right...make that young fella hump his own ruck...puts hair on his chest....Enjoy and join in on the discussion...The only thing that will get you banned here is by posting and punting...never engaging in debate.

Me? I'm an asshole. Usually an opinionated one at that....but I always like a good debate and rarely engage in name calling beyond the occasional "Nancy", "Kitty Cat" or or "Suzy Q" comment.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

Coastie dad (12-29-2018),lopie (12-29-2018)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,207 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopie View Post
    I'm sorry.
    I happy where I'm at. Out in the country in a very open county. I moved back here to be close to my Mom. Wouldn't change a thing. I probably wouldn't move back to Colorado now if I had the chance. Might visit one day who knows. I couldn't live in another city again. I like country life!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (12-29-2018),Inor (12-29-2018),lopie (12-29-2018),shootbrownelk (12-30-2018),Sparkyprep (12-30-2018)

I Never Log Off!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,573 Times in 2,015 Posts
    Just south, in Farmington NM.
    Welcome, and I see that you are ok at "holding your own".
    You will never be forgotten. RIP Corporal Bradley Coy (USMC)

Don't get too close, I bite! DerBiermeister's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,617 Times in 2,513 Posts
    Welcome Lopie

You know when you trip over a post from me that the discussion has gotten serious -- usually in a negative way.
    “Keep your scope up and we’ll shoot that SOB down the throat” -- Dudley "Mush" Morton, USS Wahoo
    "Hit hard, hit fast, hit often" -- Adm William "Bull" Halsey

Zealot

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,615 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopie View Post
    I grew up in south florida from Miami to west palm beach. When I first visited Colorado, I was like, "huh, that's what mountains are. well, moving here now." I do miss the ocean, but not enough to move back.
    I grew up in PB County, lived there many years, until it was just too many Damn Yankees living there.
    Wife and I moved to North Florida over 20 years ago.

I did spend a little over a year in Colorado, back in the 60's. A quaint little place called Fort Carson.
    After a number trips to the field with the artillery, I discovered sleeping in canvas tents in snow and below zero weather 'twernt no place for a Florida Boy. I volunteered for Vietnam to get the hell out of there.

Welcome to the forum - but ya gotta watch some of these guys!! Don't drop the soap!
    Kill A Commie For Mommy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123