Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: howdy from Denver Colorado

Hybrid View

Ranks Showcase

Thanks

howdy from Denver Colorado

hi all, a virtual new friend on another forum said I should join y'all because this forum might have all the topics in one place that I like to discuss... and judging from the forum list, I'm looking forward to reading a whole bunch.

I'm husband to one wife and dad to two kids. Last summer, I convinced my 10 year old to try to hike Grays Peak (14er about an hour west of Denver). We got about half way and over 12,000 feet in elevation before he wanted to turn back. He said next summer we'll get there. I've done about a dozen 14ers and the views always make me happy. I'm not carrying his backpack next summer.

Thanks Black5! I appreciate the invite.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lopie For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (12-29-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,021 Times in 14,691 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Howdy
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

lopie (12-29-2018)

Don't get too close, I bite! Sasquatch's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,042 Times in 3,887 Posts
    Welcome and let us know how the second attempt goes.
    "That guy has the right idea, he wore the brown pants today!"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sasquatch For This Useful Post:

lopie (12-29-2018)

Good to see you made it.
    Look in the general survival and preparedness forums. Avoid the flophouse until you are truly ready to go down the rabbit hole. The lunatics here are knowledgeable, outspoken, argumentative, and sometimes may cause your head to shake side to side.

There will be heated discussions occasionally. It takes a lot to get banned over here. We are free thinkers except for this guy going by inor. He charges you if he has to think. He prefers payment in bagpipe videos. Especially Amazing Grace.

The cost of access to the knowledge here is a thick skin. Where I met you there are really smart and experienced people in their area.
    Here there are smart people with broad rang s of experience in multiple areas who haven't yet convinced themselves of their superiority.

But don't let the jerks know I said anything nice about them. I do have a reputation to uphold.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

Gambit (12-29-2018),hawgrider (12-29-2018),Inor (12-29-2018),lopie (12-29-2018),MountainGirl (01-26-2019),OSFG (12-29-2018),shootbrownelk (12-29-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    Good to see you made it.
    Look in the general survival and preparedness forums. Avoid the flophouse until you are truly ready to go down the rabbit hole. The lunatics here are knowledgeable, outspoken, argumentative, and sometimes may cause your head to shake side to side.

There will be heated discussions occasionally. It takes a lot to get banned over here. We are free thinkers except for this guy going by inor. He charges you if he has to think. He prefers payment in bagpipe videos. Especially Amazing Grace.

The cost of access to the knowledge here is a thick skin. Where I met you there are really smart and experienced people in their area.
    Here there are smart people with broad rang s of experience in multiple areas who haven't yet convinced themselves of their superiority.

But don't let the jerks know I said anything nice about them. I do have a reputation to uphold.
    You're a big prick CD!

Welcome Lopie!
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

lopie (12-29-2018),shootbrownelk (12-29-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Good to see you made it.

thanks! I've been down several rabbit holes and hold my tongue at other forums or real-life social occasions.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts
    Good to see you made it.

Now that one made me laugh...I almost forgot about that....

Welcome Lopie...from ....ah....hey? where am I, Inor? Shit I'm an alcoholic....not a damn Geography major!!!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,135 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Welcome from South Florida. We have no mountains here.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

lopie (12-29-2018),rice paddy daddy (01-02-2019),shootbrownelk (12-29-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyprep View Post
    Welcome from South Florida. We have no mountains here.
    I grew up in south florida from Miami to west palm beach. When I first visited Colorado, I was like, "huh, that's what mountains are. well, moving here now." I do miss the ocean, but not enough to move back.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lopie For This Useful Post:

Inor (12-29-2018),rice paddy daddy (01-02-2019),shootbrownelk (12-29-2018),Sparkyprep (12-29-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopie View Post
    I grew up in south florida from Miami to west palm beach. When I first visited Colorado, I was like, "huh, that's what mountains are. well, moving here now." I do miss the ocean, but not enough to move back.
    I had a contract for a while at Rocky Flats (back when it was still in operation obviously). I like Colorado well enough but absolutely loathe Denver! (Don't take it personally, I hate every city and have been to most of them in North America.)
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

lopie (12-29-2018),shootbrownelk (12-29-2018)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast