Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Could you survive with what's in your pockets?

Need to check out those bags at 5col's place. They're supposed to one double tough.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

lopie (01-04-2019)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    Need to check out those bags at 5col's place. They're supposed to one double tough.
    which bags?
    yeah, never mind

Some kind of pocket roll up canteen/flask. Go to his shop and look at the sale items. He also has some with a heavyweight Ziploc type closure.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

lopie (01-04-2019)

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    The Sawyer Filter is only about 4” long and maybe as wide as a roll of quarters, comes with an attachable bag, and a straw attachment, plus it can screw onto a pop bottle and can be put inline on a camel back or other water system. Works very well and easily can be put in your jeans or coat pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

Yes, I had one. (Stolen during the great Dallas Truck Theft)

The flasks are notorious for rupturing when attempting to push water through the filter, and they don't fit all bottles. Some manufacturers changed size slightly, using the same as cheap water bottles.

I think the major brands, though, such as coke and Pepsi still use the standard size and thread.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (01-06-2019)

Zealot

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,615 Times in 1,621 Posts
    At one time I carried enough gear in my pockets to survive, it was a holdover from the war.
    About the only thinking that has held over after 50 years is I still use 72” leather boot laces. That extra length can come in handy for multiple tasks including lashing your fixed blade knife to a length of bamboo or tree branch to make a spear.
    Heck I even used to carry a spoon to eat with.

But now I’m an old geezer and getting soft. Just carry a pocket pistol, small knife, big knife, plus usual civilian requirements.
    Kill A Commie For Mommy

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rice paddy daddy For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-12-2019),Innkeeper (01-12-2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123