Thread: How to Make Your Own Penicillin… Just in Case

How to Make Your Own Penicillin… Just in Case

The discovery of penicillin is considered a landmark moment in modern medicine. Although antibiotic overuse is a very serious problem, there is no denying that there are situations where antibiotics like penicillin can save your life. But what happens when you don’t have the luxury of heading to a hospital to get it?

You may be surprised to learn that it is completely possible to make your own penicillin. It’s definitely not the recommended course of action, especially if you have access to a doctor or hospital, but if there’s a collapse situation and you’re facing an infection, it just may be worth a try. Learn how to make it now just in case and ensure you have everything on hand, but keep in mind that it can take some weeks for the mold to start growing, so this isn’t the best solution for a fast-moving infection.

You can use old bread or a citrus peel as a starter to grow mold. Put it in a dark place in a container that is closed but not airtight;
    http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...-case_01042019
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Hm....I can die from infection, or die from penicillin allergy. Let me think.....

Yup. Whiskey it is!
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

Quote Originally Posted by Coastie dad View Post
    Hm....I can die from infection, or die from penicillin allergy. Let me think.....

Yup. Whiskey it is!
    Probably shouldn't say that. Your boy Loopie will say we are drunks. Effin rightous asshole!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,111 Times in 14,730 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I "made" some penny last week. Some month old "Mom's Meal"
    dinner roll sealed in plastic, apparently not airtight
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-07-2019)