Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,330 Times in 5,923 Posts
    Your leather work looks great!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Your leather work looks great!
    Ahh you are too kind... thanks it can only get better right? Practice practice practice.

I'm thinking this will keep me busy in retirement and its fun! I'm enjoying learning and playing with it.

Tooling the fancy designs? Yeah thats another story sheesh I ain't no artist thats for sure.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

RubberDuck (01-17-2019),shootbrownelk (01-17-2019)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,330 Times in 5,923 Posts
    That looks like fun. Maybe I'll try doing some leatherwork if I ever get caught up on all the other irons I have in the fire. I need to finish my 65 mustang and my 1930 Chrysler hot rod. And I need to sell my 57 Pontiac 2 dr. and my 1937 Pontiac 5 window coupe. I guess I won't try leatherwork after all.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-17-2019),Innkeeper (01-17-2019),Inor (01-17-2019),RubberDuck (01-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    That looks like fun. Maybe I'll try doing some leatherwork if I ever get caught up on all the other irons I have in the fire. I need to finish my 65 mustang and my 1930 Chrysler hot rod. And I need to sell my 57 Pontiac 2 dr. and my 1937 Pontiac 5 window coupe. I guess I won't try leatherwork after all.
    You are working with some nice American iron there!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (01-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Ahh you are too kind... thanks it can only get better right? Practice practice practice.

I'm thinking this will keep me busy in retirement and its fun! I'm enjoying learning and playing with it.

Tooling the fancy designs? Yeah thats another story sheesh I ain't no artist thats for sure.
    I wanted to learn saddle making since i was a kid and still do but like you said.... i aint no artist hahahaha
    "I'm a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction"
    Kris Kristofferson
    "The American farmer is the only person who buys everything at retail, sells everything at Wholesale, an has to pay the freight both ways "
    JFK

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hag For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-17-2019),shootbrownelk (01-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    I wanted to learn saddle making since i was a kid and still do but like you said.... i aint no artist hahahaha
    Yup I tried a couple little tooling projects and yeah... even with a traced pattern its an art.... I probably won't be good for much but maybe a border. I was a chicken shit to even try a border on my holster cuz one wrong hit on a stamp and its game over and that would piss me off!
    So like a chicken shit would do I took the safe route and am not going to do any tooling on it. LOL!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Infidel (01-17-2019),Innkeeper (01-17-2019)

Other than basic harness repairs i am useless although i would love to learn
    "I'm a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction"
    Kris Kristofferson
    "The American farmer is the only person who buys everything at retail, sells everything at Wholesale, an has to pay the freight both ways "
    JFK

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hag For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-17-2019),shootbrownelk (01-19-2019)

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts

Farting around with leather.

Excellent work there Hawg, everyone who makes stuff started out where you are today, perseverance and time are great masters who will give you the experience to get better if you keep at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-17-2019),Infidel (01-17-2019),RubberDuck (01-17-2019),shootbrownelk (01-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    Excellent work there Hawg, everyone who makes stuff started out where you are today, perseverance and time are great masters who will give you the experience to get better if you keep at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks yeah I look at Dwights stuff and Infidels Im a looooog ways from that kinda work. But Im just doing it for fun and relaxing busy work. If it earns me a beer down the road fine but if it turns into a job then it won't be fun anymore...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Infidel (01-17-2019),Innkeeper (01-17-2019),RubberDuck (01-17-2019),shootbrownelk (01-19-2019)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,205 Times in 1,558 Posts
    I have 2 now. A yellow and a red. I don't carry either just becasue Dad got them for me. One day I'm going to get a blue one.

Your leather work looks great! Keep it up!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-17-2019),Innkeeper (01-17-2019)

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast